Anyone have the updates RPI ranks? And polls when they drop?

bomb

Band
Banned
Thx

Edit: ****, wrong board. Should be baseball.

Btw, how about that Canes baseball team???

#1 seed in the ACC Tourney!

Advertisement
Maybe this thread can serve as some info that some cane fans may not know...

Canes baseball won the ACC regular season yesterday finishing the season 27-3 in their last 30. Many feel we are a lock for a national seed.

We've got more than a football squad.

Maybe this thread can serve as some info that some cane fans may not know...

Canes baseball won the ACC regular season yesterday finishing the season 27-3 in their last 30. Many feel we are a lock for a national seed.

We've got more than a football squad.

Sir, where have you been the last 30 yrs?

This U has 4 rings in beisbol

To be honest, the football only crew can stay off the bandwagon unless they are buying a permanent seat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does this include the updated polls? They factor in, right? If not, then these aren't up to date after the weekend.

No, these are purely mathematical. No other polls factor in. The RPI on Warren Nolan's site is very accurate and is updated every five minutes.

There have been numerous cases of teams in the top 8 that didn't get a national seed. I'm not a total fan of numbers. The committee can say this and that, but there is a human (subjective) component. Watch for it.

There have been numerous cases of teams in the top 8 that didn't get a national seed. I'm not a total fan of numbers. The committee can say this and that, but there is a human (subjective) component. Watch for it.

Yeah, that's pretty obvious. I don't think anyone thought that the top 8 teams are always national seeds.

Advertisement
Bethune won the MEAC today. They bumped our RPI up .001 lol

They jumped to 202 in the RPI. If they get in the top 199 we might not get penalized as much spliting the series with them.

Advertisement
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

We're listed 12th in RPI here. Right now i'd say we're still borderline to get a national seed. We're the type of team that they love matching up with a Louisiana-Lafayette in the Supers.

While the results of Sunday's championship game don't really matter, I think we still have to go at least 2-1 this week and get a little help to get a national seed, especially with the selection committee having the MO to 'spread' out the sites...

Virginia
Oregon State
FSU
Indiana
Florida
Louisiana-Lafayette
SCAR (probably) or Vandy

Are all national seeds.

We're probably battling with Houston, Rice, and Texas Tech for that last spot.

Last edited:
Good analysis, Seven. I wouldn't mind seeing Florida win the SEC tourney against someone like Arkansas just so none of those other teams have a chance to boost their resume.

Advertisement
Back