Anyone have an update on Donaldson?

Advertisement
He'll make himself millions of dollars if he redshirts and gets healthy and loses weight. Lorenzo Neal Jr. at Purdue just went through the same issue and sat out last year and returned to school and now has a shot as an early round guy vs maybe a 7th round pick at best.

I haven't seen or heard anything about his status since pre-covid when Manny said he'd be missing the spring recovering from injury. No news is bad news on this one, as far as I'm concerned.

Offensive Lineman + history of weight problems + significant lower body injury + physical therapy via Zoom during covid = low expectation that he'll meaningfully contribute this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So people want to defend Rosoer and his ****ness but openly make fat jokes on Donaldson

I understand what you're getting at, but there are legit distinctions.
Malik came to campus as a low 3* kid, played with heart and effort, but just didn't have the athletic tools or ability to really amount to anything more. Navaughn was a high 4*, top 75 recruit in the country who hasn't put the work in to keep his weight in check for over three (3) seasons. One guy at least tried to guy maximized his talent, while the other one seems content to squander it.

Hope he's doing well, but my guess is Quarantine and being away from a college program and facilities hasn't helped him

As D$ has said, he needs to redshirt and reshape his body
This, give him time to rehab properly and get his diet under control. He had some talent but needs to decide if he wants to do it at the next level.

He'll make himself millions of dollars if he redshirts and gets healthy and loses weight. Lorenzo Neal Jr. at Purdue just went through the same issue and sat out last year and returned to school and now has a shot as an early round guy vs maybe a 7th round pick at best.
Came to post exactly this....

He should defiantly grab a RS year and just get his body right... at this rate he will have nothing but a cup of coffee in the NFL..

Get in better shape drop body fat percentage while adding more muscle and work on his craft and just kill it his RSSenior year and watch him be a 2nd day pick as a road grading guard who (hopefully) now has enough flexibility to pull and efficient as a pass blocker

Advertisement
I understand what you're getting at, but there are legit distinctions.
Malik came to campus as a low 3* kid, played with heart and effort, but just didn't have the athletic tools or ability to really amount to anything more. Navaughn was a high 4*, top 75 recruit in the country who hasn't put the work in to keep his weight in check for over three (3) seasons. One guy at least tried to guy maximized his talent, while the other one seems content to squander it.

You don’t know what issues Donaldson has had, he’s also been under 2 different regimes with **** poor nutrition programs from what we know

Cortez Kennedy needed Shannon to keep a lookout on the fridge, would you say Cortez didn’t care about getting better?

This virus is going to hurt him bc how has been rehabing if he can't even get to see the therapist. So let's hope he gets back to school get back n shape and prove something.

Advertisement
You don’t know what issues Donaldson has had, he’s also been under 2 different regimes with **** poor nutrition programs from what we know

Cortez Kennedy needed Shannon to keep a lookout on the fridge, would you say Cortez didn’t care about getting better?

Do you know what issues Donaldson has or are you just speculating? Or is it simply your position that fans can't criticize players without knowing all the facts/issues? If it's the latter, I'd ask if you had all the facts and know all the issues on Rosier before you trashed him earlier in this thread.

As far as our "**** poor nutrition program," you've got @apfenny3 earlier today in the Lingard thread saying, "Kyle Bellamy our nutritionist is great and the training table has everything a top athlete needs. [The athletes are] educated on everything they should and shouldn't be putting in their bodies." Bellamy's in his third season at UM, and I'm going to trust @apfenny3's opinion on the quality of nutritionist Bellamy is.

The anecdotal Cortez Kennedy strawman argument isn't moving me, either. Obviously Cortez Kennedy cared about getting better... because he lost the weight and did get better. And it's great that he and Randy had that bond where Randy could help him out, but Cortez had to actually do the work (and he did). He also happened to play in an era where few, if any, college football programs had nutritionists and dedicated staff to educate them on how to eat. Navaughn has had all of that (and top 75 talent) and has played WAY below expectations (and above weight) the past two seasons.

Fat Guy Lifting Weights GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
Back