Anyone got the cliff notes on this article?

I think coach diaz should wait until after games to start talking about how "Great a week of practice was", hopefully he'll learns quick. You cant say a team had "its best practices of the year" and than come out looking like we did against Central Michigan, if we come out and dominate, than we'll know for sure coach diaz has the pulse of this team down pat, but he shouldnt set himself up like that.

We gone also need conservative #15 to start putting up points on the board in spite of some of the dumb and waisted play calls in the redzone by coach enos. So far coach enos as an oc has only proven he's an aveeage play-caller, but an above average qb coach. In fact if coach enos was the qb coach with coach richt calling the plays we'd have a more explosive offense.

This is a good take about Enos and Richt.

The offense last year was a bland, but it could have worked a lot better if Richt did a better job mixing the plays, especially with run fakes into quick passes on first down.

I always go back to the FSU game last year. Kosi ran a playaction fake (could have been rpo) and threw a quick strike for 8 or 9 yards. I jumped out my seat because that had been missing from the offense and it worked like I had envisioned.

We just beat the defense on a run fake and got a very favorable down and distance. These are the situations you want to run because you are ahead of the chains and a no gain or one yard loss doesn’t put you behind schedule. A one yard loss is 2nd and 11 on first down. A one yard loss on 2nd and 2 becomes 3rd and 3, a very manageable situation.

Richt ran the same playaction fake and N’Kosi got strip sacked. It was following a great call with a terrible call and showed Richt’s lack of feel. Things could have been different.

Advertisement
Thank you and just out of curiosity why don’t you think will land him? We have his brother and that’s gotta count for something or do you think he’s gonna do the FSU legacy thing or go for the SEC bags?
I don’t think there’s any he’ll end up at the dumpster fire that is FSU at present, but I at the moment I can’t imagine him as a top three ILB coming here either. He’s going to go to a program with more juice; L said it, he’s SEC bound and my early money is on Georgia.

We have his brother because he wasn't on that level. f$u or the $ec are going to win that battle. Also nothing against his brother but he isn't exactly setting the world on fire here. He's hurt and may get passed up. I mean him being here I'm sure does count enough to say the right things and give us courtesy visits, but he ain't coming here.
Glad you know verything. Let the coaches know who the **** to recruit and who no5 based on your vast knowledge

Glad you know verything. Let the coaches know who the **** to recruit and who no5 based on your vast knowledge
Ironic using "vast knowledge" when those were the incoherent sentences you just typed. Honestly it doesn't take vast knowledge though just a ******* clue jackass

Ironic using "vast knowledge" when those were the incoherent sentences you just typed. Honestly it doesn't take vast knowledge though just a ******* clue jackass
Haha... hang your hat on typing on an iPad. But honestly let the coaches know who to go after you genius. We need to have all our resources pooled only on guys we can get and you seem to know it all well.

Advertisement
Lake will come out with his 20th "recruits that could make a difference" or "recruits Miami is after" or "top targets for Miami" of the year any time now.
Lake will come out with his 20th "recruits that could make a difference" or "recruits Miami is after" or "top targets for Miami" of the year any time now.

Had a similar opinion about Lake before I heard their podcast “Through the Smoke”. Lake actually is pretty insightful and seems to have given extended thought and provides ample data for the points he makes. Consider him to be one of the better Cane voices as of late IMO.

Had a similar opinion about Lake before I heard their podcast “Through the Smoke”. Lake actually is pretty insightful and seems to have given extended thought and provides ample data for the points he makes. Consider him to be one of the better Cane voices as of late IMO.

hes actually really good on a podcast (also didn't know he lived on the west coast). his articles are useless tho lol

hes actually really good on a podcast (also didn't know he lived on the west coast). his articles are useless tho lol
Don’t subscribe to 247 but assumed if he was dropping knowledge on pods, he would have insightful writing.

This is a good take about Enos and Richt.

The offense last year was a bland, but it could have worked a lot better if Richt did a better job mixing the plays, especially with run fakes into quick passes on first down.

I always go back to the FSU game last year. Kosi ran a playaction fake (could have been rpo) and threw a quick strike for 8 or 9 yards. I jumped out my seat because that had been missing from the offense and it worked like I had envisioned.

We just beat the defense on a run fake and got a very favorable down and distance. These are the situations you want to run because you are ahead of the chains and a no gain or one yard loss doesn’t put you behind schedule. A one yard loss is 2nd and 11 on first down. A one yard loss on 2nd and 2 becomes 3rd and 3, a very manageable situation.

Richt ran the same playaction fake and N’Kosi got strip sacked. It was following a great call with a terrible call and showed Richt’s lack of feel. Things could have been different.

Good point but ill say this, last year, it had alot more to do with the development og N'Kosi, cause one of my things with him, and why the offense got bland, if you remember, for awhile, running the rpo with perry was damyum near like running the rpo with brad kaaya, cause you knew and could bank on none of them running. For some reason, perry would never run the ball and defenses knew that. So when people were going crazy and bashing coach richt for going with rosier to open than going back to him later in the year, i kept saying rosier runs the rpo system way better, his arm and accuracy was the problem, in 2017, rosier especially in that 3 game stretch of Fsu, notre shame and V-tech, his rpo run game was on point.

I still feel like if perry was named the starter, we'd be more than likely undefeated right now. He brings other dimensions to the offense that jarren doesnt bring, and one, that's pushing the ball downfield, 2, out routes and in cuts, the receivers know the ball might be right up on them so they get in and out of their breaks with purpose, and perry just has that "Will to win" in em, and showed up when it counted against Fsu, i dont care, being down like that, in that environment,

Advertisement
I don't think his brother doing something has anything to do with his recruitment. He can't help if his brother ain't good enough.

It could only help if his brother is seeing the field and thriving. That would allow the selling point to be that they could both be on the field together.

They like Daemon Hill but he's not a take yet, Huff has been awesome in practice and may jump guys ahead of him for PT next year, Theo Johnson isn't coming (no ******* ****), Ty Thompson is a possible QB to watch for the '21 class, Ivins believed the great practices talk this week is legit not coachspeak people have been making plays all week, and lastly Branden Jennings is a kid we need to land in '21, to which I'll just go ahead and say there isn't a ******* prayer of doing. He's the #2 ILB in the country. The $ec just isn't fully involved yet.
I agree with the last part about Jennings. As a staff they need to forget about obvious high end targets that aren't going to come here anyway. At LB we need to think outside the box and concentrate on players who posses great speed and athleticism who are coachable and have the potential to develop into great college Lbs. We need to get away from the ready made HS LBs with good instincts who weigh 230 lbs as freshmen and run 4.9s. We need to get back to taking freak athletes with speed, lateral quickness, and explosion and develop them into linebackers. The problem with that is that we would need very good to great position coaches and right now we have close to nothing in that department.

Advertisement
Back