Anyone got a link to the 2008 tourney game

Advertisement
Werent we close to advancing to the sweet 16 that year?

yeah we were a DJ Augustin missed 3 pointer away. Texas had a good team that year and Jack ALMOST single handedly drove a stake in them.

We were Frank Haith being away from advancing that year. Players like Jack carry well coached teams deep in the tourney. Plus Rick Barnes was Haith's corching mentor.

Advertisement

yeah we were a DJ Augustin missed 3 pointer away. Texas had a good team that year and Jack ALMOST single handedly drove a stake in them.

Uhh... selective memory there bruh. We were down double digits in the second half and Ray Hicks drained two 3-balls in the last minute to get us close. We lost by 3 as we ran Frank Haith's "Home Run" inbound play, a 75 foot pass from Hicks to King to dump off to Jack to take the trey attempt to tie it at the buzzer. DJ Augustin went full on air ball on a free throw to allow us to be down only 3 with 2 seconds to play. We were down 68-55 with 2:44 to play.

Uhh... selective memory there bruh. We were down double digits in the second half and Ray Hicks drained two 3-balls in the last minute to get us close. We lost by 3 as we ran Frank Haith's "Home Run" inbound play, a 75 foot pass from Hicks to King to dump off to Jack to take the trey attempt to tie it at the buzzer. DJ Augustin went full on air ball on a free throw to allow us to be down only 3 with 2 seconds to play. We were down 68-55 with 2:44 to play.

all i remember from that game really is thinking **** these 2 guards from Texas are legit, and also that we lost by 1 possession. That was a tough game for me. I was very emotionally invested in that one. I thought Jack was going to take us to a final 4 that year.

Advertisement
Back