Anyone else...

Advertisement
I’m nuts, but I wouldn’t mind a wishbone package w burns at FB to surprise somebody in like a Clemson rematch. Kinda like we did w the wildcat against ND.
Definitely think we should go to wishbone. As everybody here says, we have no WRs worth a ****, so go to one WR. We have a plethora of talented RBs, another reason to go to wishbone. Then Brevin Jordan can be a Keith Jackson-type wishbone TE. (Remember late ‘80’s Oklahoma? Would beat every team but late ‘80’s us. We wouldn’t beat late ‘80’s us.) We have a tiny QB who is a nifty runner but can only throw accurately to a TE, so we’ve already got ourselves a wishbone QB.

It all makes perfectly good sense. We are really a ‘70’s-‘80’s wishbone team at heart trying to be a 21st century spread-RPO-Air RAID whatever you call this stuff we’re trying to do.

Hello, Barry Switzer, are you out there? We have an open position for you.

Wow thought I was the only one. I saw it. Was surprised it never came. There is nothing more ACC than calling targeting on a QB knowing he’d miss the first half of the next game. It was so unlike the ACC not to call it there.

Bobby Bruiser is back!

Been saying not to sleep on Burns. One thing is for certain, we have a 4 headed monster at RB. Burns is a pain in the *** for Defense’s to take down.
I could see teams turning down tackles with Bobby Burns coming for them. He's compact, runs low, and he's all knees and elbows coming at defenders.

I'm liking Burns in the spot he's been in. he's come in and really being physical. He's a bull with thiccc legs. Would love to get him involved with some touches earlier - maybe during long drives where we're gassing them. Bring in the bull with some and really lean into the DL.

Advertisement
I liked how Burns looked as well. But if we want him to tote a few more times, we need to stop with this inside zone crap. We can't be throwing away plays.

Burns absolutely reminds me of Herschel Walker. And as I’ve said about three times before in other posts, I’m not saying he is in the same league as Herschel Walker or presently close to it - just reminds me of him.

And BTW the young man’s first name is Robert. That is the name he uses; not Bobby.
I think I heard Coach Richt refer to him as “Bobby Burns” in past press conference’s or when talking to the media. I could be confused for him referring to Robert Knowles as “Bobby Knowles” not sure.

hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.

Completely agree on Burns.

In fact, if we are going to continue to run up the middle, I'd prefer that we use Burns MORE and earlier. You mentioned it elsewhere, about getting behind the chains on first/second down, and it seems like it happens more frequently when we try to use Chaney and Rooster as battering rams.

Burns is the right tool for the job. Let's use him early to tenderize the DLs, and then I think we'll have more success with the freshmen.

Advertisement
Burns absolutely reminds me of Herschel Walker. And as I’ve said about three times before in other posts, I’m not saying he is in the same league as Herschel Walker or presently close to it - just reminds me of him.

And BTW the young man’s first name is Robert. That is the name he uses; not Bobby.
I'll be referring to him as Lil' Hersch from now on.

Although the freshman backs have been looking good Burns should be the next man up after Harris. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the transfer portal because he shouldn’t have to sit behind the Knighton and Chaney. That kid deserves his carries somewhere else if he’s not gonna get featured at Miami next year. He hits the line of scrimmage with a sense of urgency and runs violent. I know injuries has plagued him but when he’s healthy he looks good.

hold their breath when King targeted that dude after the interception? I kept waiting for the buzz in from the booth, but, thankfully, it never came.

On another note, Bobby Burns looks fast again. He is exploding into the LOS this year for the first time his sophomore year of HS. I might want to give him some earlier looks to see what he has. He looks fast, powerful, and he's running angry. Chaney is dinged, and Knighton seems better served in the slot or catching passes out of the backfield right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back