Anyone else see A. Richards' IG Live video tonight?

Advertisement
Shaq taking a jab at Golden was funny but you gotta think it's "just rap" since he was committed to that staff anyway. still funny tho.

White boy was Zachary Lerman. I believe he is a freshman DL from VA Beach. Straight bars tho...

WTF does "straight bars" mean? I mean, I'm 36 years old and grew up in Hialeah and O-Town, but I still don't know what the **** that means :monkey-serious:

In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of time corresponding to a specific number of beats in which each beat is represented by a particular note value and the boundaries of the bar are indicated by vertical bar lines.

Pop music is usually a 4 bar intro followed by two 16 verses then a 16 bar chorus. Rap, follows this. Typically you have a 4 bar intro followed by a 16 bar rap. Some rappers will do a 32 bar rap. Usually there are two verses per song.

"Straight bars" indicates a rapper who is not doing 16 or 32 bars but a longer series of bars, modifying this with the colloquial use of straight (meaning cogent, accurate, bluntness eg "straight talk") implies that the rapper "spit" or recited a long series of no-nonsense rhymes.

pWOAVL.gif

Advertisement
White boy was Zachary Lerman. I believe he is a freshman DL from VA Beach. Straight bars tho...

WTF does "straight bars" mean? I mean, I'm 36 years old and grew up in Hialeah and O-Town, but I still don't know what the **** that means :monkey-serious:

In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of time corresponding to a specific number of beats in which each beat is represented by a particular note value and the boundaries of the bar are indicated by vertical bar lines.

Pop music is usually a 4 bar intro followed by two 16 verses then a 16 bar chorus. Rap, follows this. Typically you have a 4 bar intro followed by a 16 bar rap. Some rappers will do a 32 bar rap. Usually there are two verses per song.

"Straight bars" indicates a rapper who is not doing 16 or 32 bars but a longer series of bars, modifying this with the colloquial use of straight (meaning cogent, accurate, bluntness eg "straight talk") implies that the rapper "spit" or recited a long series of no-nonsense rhymes.

View attachment 48532

Wow, thanks for the explanation! I no nothing of musical notes and bars, great synopsis

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back