anybody else catch the Golden interview today on 560.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-asked-him-fins-marlins-canes-chatt.html

### Asked by WQAM-560's Marc Hochman if he wonders how UM could have gone 6-7 and have seven players drafted, Al Golden said Tuesday: “It's not about me. Do you want to go back to critiquing team performance? Go ahead...

"I hate to attach anything remotely negative to these kids accomplishing their dream. We put our season to bed five months ago.”

But he had no problem with mentioning the cliques off of last year's team. *******.

He's the biggest douche since Finkle.

It's unreal how much of a pass he gets. F8cking H8mo!

Advertisement
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-asked-him-fins-marlins-canes-chatt.html

### Asked by WQAM-560's Marc Hochman if he wonders how UM could have gone 6-7 and have seven players drafted, Al Golden said Tuesday: “It's not about me. Do you want to go back to critiquing team performance? Go ahead...

"I hate to attach anything remotely negative to these kids accomplishing their dream. We put our season to bed five months ago.”

But he had no problem with mentioning the cliques off of last year's team. *******.

That is an answer given by someone who makes over $2 million per year and had a losing record in year 4. Chew on that.

C A G took the high road. He should be applauded for that. He could have unloaded on all those selfish guys who waited till after their scholarship vacations ended to get in football shape.

Advertisement

I love how he's spinning the fact that they went 6-7 as implying it's a reflection of the players and not him. Unreal.

We do this every time AG opens his mouth. What possibly could he say to make this fan base happy? The fact is that he should have been fired and he's not going to say, "listen, I stink. I should have been fired 2 years ago but I wasn't. Im over my head here. I'm just riding this thing out doing the best I can."

Al: I have examined everything about our program and there will be changes. My defensive system no longer works. We will change it. We will attack the offenses and pressure all over the field with superior athletes. Our effort to use the offense to keep the defense off the field did not work. I will allow the OC to call games the way he wants and expect him to put up points not yards. Our special teams were record-setting bad. I have replaced the STC and now expect TDs and blocked kicks in every game. If these changes do not produce 10 wins and an ACCCG appearance, I will resign.

How about starting with this?

candidly, we have been poorly coached for past 10 years Coker, Shannon & Al...... Larry might have been the best 1
and that is not saying much...... start with a new AD which has also been a revolving door need a talented guy
lean on Sam Jankovich, JJ Howard for suggestions on a great AD...... let him make the call on coach.
perfecrt comment Al's trying as best as he can he is over his head

We do this every time AG opens his mouth. What possibly could he say to make this fan base happy? The fact is that he should have been fired and he's not going to say, "listen, I stink. I should have been fired 2 years ago but I wasn't. Im over my head here. I'm just riding this thing out doing the best I can."

LMAO....that's what is hilarious to me, people actually want this guy to throw himself under the bus in interviews after being gifted another season for doing squat. He is more politician spin than he ever has been now...and it is necessary to justify his bloated salary for subpar coaching. Bottom line, he is never going to do it, much like he is never going to give UM back the salary they have wasted the past few years. If they are too stupid to make the necessary changes, he is going to keep his direct deposit account alive and well.

UM

Advertisement
The hosts congratulate him on all the guys drafted and then ask him how he feels about going 6-7 with all that talent.Golden said something like he didn't want to take anything away from the kids drafted,he's happy for them,this is a time to celebrate.Nothing about him or the staff needing to do better or not coaching up to their potential,it was bassically all on the players and he didn't want to say anything negative.I don't know what else he talked about after that I couldn't listen to it anymore.

Golden is actually right for once. Credit should go to the kids as they are the ones who are mainly responsible for their own development.

I love how he's spinning the fact that they went 6-7 as implying it's a reflection of the players and not him. Unreal.
It's disgusting. It's still the player's fault.

Last edited:

"I resign as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes football team"

LMAO....that's what is hilarious to me, people actually want this guy to throw himself under the bus in interviews after being gifted another season for doing squat. He is more politician spin than he ever has been now...and it is necessary to justify his bloated salary for subpar coaching. Bottom line, he is never going to do it, much like he is never going to give UM back the salary they have wasted the past few years. If they are too stupid to make the necessary changes, he is going to keep his direct deposit account alive and well.

UM

There have been coaches at big programs that have in public admitted that their systems were not working and that they needed to change the scheme. (See Gary Patterson's offense 2 years ago).

You guys are daft as fecal matter.

Advertisement

It's disgusting. It's still is the player's fault.
Exactly,I had to turn the radio off,just couldn't stand listening to this ******* speak.He couldn't take a little blame as a staff and say we have to do a better job or it was everyone's fault players and coaches.No Golden couldn't say why they finished 6-7 because since to him he and the staff are perfect he would need to critique the draftees because it was all their fault.and the idiots hosting the show since they don't really follow the canes or are casual fans at best let him off the hook by agreeing with him.

The hosts congratulate him on all the guys drafted and then ask him how he feels about going 6-7 with all that talent.Golden said something like he didn't want to take anything away from the kids drafted,he's happy for them,this is a time to celebrate.Nothing about him or the staff needing to do better or not coaching up to their potential,it was bassically all on the players and he didn't want to say anything negative.I don't know what else he talked about after that I couldn't listen to it anymore.

He missed his true calling in liberal politics.

Yes because there is no global warming. Sorry that's conservative politics.

Advertisement
Back