Any word on Bubba Baxa?

BWCD

Junior
I haven't seen any of our reporters asking about Baxa during these first few practice recaps. Replacing Badgley is going to be important - more important than most of us think...Badge was a key player for us, even with his misses against Clemson/Wisky last year.

Anyone heard anything on how Baxa is doing so far?

Advertisement
Does Baxa have the required mullet? I know if his hair game is weak we have a walk on with a killer mullet. Joe dirtesque.

probably get more on Baxa when the team makes Hartley available for interview after practice.
Makes sense. I know it seems like a dumb question to some, but man - we had a lot of games last season where the offense couldn't convert in the redzone and Badge had to convert FG's to keep us in games. If those redzone struggles continue, Baxa's gonna be in the spotlight a bunch.

Advertisement
Heard he went the way of DBC and was eaten by a bear. We will be forced to go for 2 a lot as a result.

No media around when special teams is on the field. Need a Hartley interview to confirm his progression. My guess is media focuses on TEs when they do finally get Hartley. Guess we wait and see. I did see on Twitter ex-cane kicker, Dan Lundy, was down in South FL working with ST. He posted a video of Baxa BOOMIN a kick off. That is the only thing I have seen on ST so far.

No media around when special teams is on the field. Need a Hartley interview to confirm his progression. My guess is media focuses on TEs when they do finally get Hartley. Guess we wait and see. I did see on Twitter ex-cane kicker, Dan Lundy, was down in South FL working with ST. He posted a video of Baxa BOOMIN a kick off. That is the only thing I have seen on ST so far.

At least we know teams wont be running back kickoffs on us.

Baxa might have the strongest leg in the country. Just watch the camp vids of him hitting from 70+

Advertisement
the kicking game is so unbelievably important in winning/losing and is getting completely forgotten about and overlooked when it comes to fans expectations for the season.

can easily be the difference in 3-4 games

• Freshman K Bubba Baxa has impressed Hartley with leg strength and accuracy through the first five practices. “He is everything we thought he would be. He has a strong leg, he is composed, and we have put him out here live against the defense in front of the head coach and he has answered the bell.”

• Freshman K Bubba Baxa has impressed Hartley with leg strength and accuracy through the first five practices. “He is everything we thought he would be. He has a strong leg, he is composed, and we have put him out here live against the defense in front of the head coach and he has answered the bell.”
Awesome to hear - thanks for posting that.

Advertisement
Its so demoralizing when a team scores and then its kicker proceeds to bomb it out of the back of the endzone.

#BubbaMakesKickoffsGreatAgain

Last edited:
I haven't seen any of our reporters asking about Baxa during these first few practice recaps. Replacing Badgley is going to be important - more important than most of us think...Badge was a key player for us, even with his misses against Clemson/Wisky last year.

Anyone heard anything on how Baxa is doing so far?
B
Bubba has a strong leg. He usually kicked it out of endzone in high school. He can punt too. Check out his highlights

Advertisement
Bagley is the most overrated kicker we’ve ever had. If it was a big kick there was an 80% chance he’d miss it. Never trusted that dude with the game on the line, even if it were a 25 yarder.

Its so demoralizing when a team scores and then its kicker proceeds to bomb it out of the back of the endzone.

#BubbaMakesKickoffsGreatAgain
It will be interesting to see how the new kickoff rule will affect special teams play. Since anything caught in the air inside the 20 can be fair caught and moved out, I wonder if returners will be coached not to attempt nearly as many returns as before. Hang time within the field of play may not produce as many cases of offenses being pinned inside their 10. I wondered in another thread whether teams will employ the deep squib because once it hits the ground it can't be returned and the kicker is on his own to make yardage.

Advertisement
Back