Any way we still win Coastal?

AllAboutTheU615

Recruit
Looks like we basically have to win out and pray UNC Drops 2 more.... Possible on UNC's pary but I don't know what to think right now.... Been talking to some people and the one minimum goal I had this year was to win the Coastal, some people saying as Richt's first year that's unlikely. I'm sorry, but winning the DIVISION should be ours. Now though, it's going to be difficult. Cause the loser Thursday night is virtually out of the division race, then I pray if we win I'll be the biggest UVA fan on Saturday

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, I suppose anything is possible, but after the abysmal offensive performances I have witnessed the past two weeks I would say the chances of us winning out are pretty slim so why worry about it? We don't control our own destiny so what these kids need to do is have a little pride and go out and play to win. And if somebody else falls, and we luck our way in, well then so be it.

Who cares about winning the coastal anymore, those hopes are gone. I say we just use this season as one big spring training against live opponents. Good practice for next season.

Who gives a **** if we can luck into winning one of, if not THE, worst division in college football.

And Clemson murking us on national TV again definitely wouldn't be a good look.

Advertisement
Coastal is a dumpster fire, which means we have a chance IF we run the table somehow and UNC loses another game (they play a suddenly good NC State, Duke (rivalry), and GT (who are better than their record indicates).

Which makes our record this year even more alarming. Even if you buy the narrative that we don't have the talent, we certainly have more talent than EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the coastal, and it's not even close.

We should be undefeated right now.

Looks like we basically have to win out and pray UNC Drops 2 more.... Possible on UNC's pary but I don't know what to think right now.... Been talking to some people and the one minimum goal I had this year was to win the Coastal, some people saying as Richt's first year that's unlikely. I'm sorry, but winning the DIVISION should be ours. Now though, it's going to be difficult. Cause the loser Thursday night is virtually out of the division race, then I pray if we win I'll be the biggest UVA fan on Saturday

If we win out and NC losses the GT game.
Assuming we're tie with VT and UNC with 2 conference losses, UNC is out because of 2 losses within the division. We would have tie-breaker against VT.

That's our path, but man...I don't know if I can even go there right now. Our defense held 2 pretty good offenses to 20 points, so we'll be in every game. But our offense managed only 3 TD's against 2 pretty bad defenses. At home.

The bad decisions at the QB position, bad OL play, drops, penalties and predictable play calling over the last 2 games made me sick. If it continues we'll probably go 3-3 the rest of the way.

Let's go up to Blacksburg and beat VT then take it from there.

They're beatable. Our D will keep us in the game. Who knows.

Advertisement
The biggest thing we could win this year is in recruiting, and that's a stretch right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back