Any Truth to this?

He's a ******* horrible coordinator...an absolute abomination as a playcaller. Cause of this I was originally hoping he'd stay since with that dumb *** calling plays we'll never win a **** thing.

But the mere fact him leaving would further hurt Golden in recruiting and continue the public opinion massacre against Golden and make his recruiting ranking get even worse.....

Get the **** out of town and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#Dale

Advertisement
Say goodbye to half our recruiting class...

All four of those South Florida recruits he locked down right?

Guy is a complete fraud. He's a culpable in our coaching woes as the rest of em

him and gran left FSU and they still dominate SFL in recruiting. coley or gran didnt make FSU a sFL threat, Jimbo did. coley got us 2 guys that ill give him true credit for -- kaaya and yearby.

him and gran left FSU and they still dominate SFL in recruiting. coley or gran didnt make FSU a sFL threat, Jimbo did. coley got us 2 guys that ill give him true credit for -- kaaya and yearby.

And b/c of Yearby we lost out on Cook and Sony, who are better backs. James Coley is a massive fraud. His mentor wanted NOTHING to do with him calling plays, and we can all see why.

Advertisement

And b/c of Yearby we lost out on Cook and Sony, who are better backs. James Coley is a massive fraud. His mentor wanted NOTHING to do with him calling plays, and we can all see why.

we were going to miss on Sony and cook regardless of whether yearby came

Some of these responses are so dumb.

Coley is a below average OC but he is a phenomenal recruiter. If you say otherwise you're just making yourself look foolish.

If we're just throwing stuff out there, what if he left and took Kaaya with him? You know, since he's a **** recruiter... That would be sweet - sarcasm...

Some of these responses are so dumb.

Coley is a below average OC but he is a phenomenal recruiter. If you say otherwise you're just making yourself look foolish.

Actually....this post along with the accompanying train of thought is the only thing that's foolish.

His title is "OC". Not "Recruiting Coordinator. In this modern day version of college football where offenses rain supreme the guy that calls your offensive plays might just be THE most important coach on the entire staff.

And yeah...the guy calling our plays is playing checkers while the rest of the college football world is playing chess.

Could care ******* less how well he can recruit...we can always find guys that recruit. He's an abomination of a playcaller and I doubt he'd relinquish those duties which means he has to get the **** out of here one way or the other.

Advertisement
If we're just throwing stuff out there, what if he left and took Kaaya with him? You know, since he's a **** recruiter... That would be sweet - sarcasm...

I don't care what players it costs us...this ENTIRE staff (with the exception of maybe a couple position coaches) needs to go.

Something to keep in mind is that sometimes a coodinator or assistant coach may appear to be inept when
his boss is not a good HC.

Case in point is Wes McGriff and Tim Walton under Randy Shannon.
If you had a time capsule and went back in time I betcha most folks would opine that they
weren't good assistant coaches.
Yet Walton seems to be doing in the NFL and McGriff has done good at Ole Miss, NO Saints
and now he is the Vandy DC.
So you never know.

Advertisement
Something to keep in mind is that sometimes a coodinator or assistant coach may appear to be inept when
his boss is not a good HC.

Case in point is Wes McGriff and Tim Walton under Randy Shannon.
If you had a time capsule and went back in time I betcha most folks would opine that they
weren't good assistant coaches.
Yet Walton seems to be doing in the NFL and McGriff has done good at Ole Miss, NO Saints
and now he is the Vandy DC.
So you never know.

Sorry...not in this case.

There's a reason Jimbo wouldn't let him call he plays...the fact FSU tried to match the dollar amount of the offer we made but wouldn't give him what he really wanted (play calling duties) tells you they had the same assessment of him that most of us do now.

Good recruiter.
Horrible OC.

I don't subscribe to the ridiculous theory that Golden has been telling him what to call...if that was the case he would have resigned right after the bowl game. The guy came here to gain play calling responsibilities which were denied to him by his previous employer.

If anybody wants to try to make an argument that he left one situation where he didn't have control of the play calling to come to a worse situation, with a more underqualified head coach ahead of him, to ALSO lose playcalling responsibilities they are outside their mind.

The only reason people make excuses for him is cause he's a good recruiter. I've acknowledged that...but in today's day and age you need a top flight play caller to survive and be competitive.

I'm sorry, but Coley pretty much suks.

If all the plays were given numbers, we'd do better with a random number generator.

He's a ****ing horrible coordinator...an absolute abomination as a playcaller. Cause of this I was originally hoping he'd stay since with that dumb *** calling plays we'll never win a **** thing.

But the mere fact him leaving would further hurt Golden in recruiting and continue the public opinion massacre against Golden and make his recruiting ranking get even worse.....

Get the **** out of town and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#Dale

This, the guy ranked what, eleventy billionth in 3rd down conversions with a top QB, veteran OL, UM's "best" RB ever, a monster TE and a boat load of wide-outs?

FUGG that greasy spik. GTFO.

He bolts, the class tanks, we go 4-8 and Golden will finally get the extension he needs to get this thing turned around.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back