Any thoughts on Blake Baker

Advertisement
Glad Manny hired a DC and can focus on being the HC and administer the whole program rather than focusing almost all of his attention on the Defense. Most of the top head coaches do it this way...

He was the perfect hire. Young talented DC with a familiarity of Diaz and similar scheme. Keep the D rolling seamlessly. If he's a success he'll still likely be here several years due to age, until a HC opportunity comes along. Continuity is key.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I had breakfast with him a few weeks ago. He’s a smart guy with an aggressive approach. I don’t know how good a DC he will be for us, but I’m hoping he and Manny will turn out a top D most every year now that we’ve got the D on the upswing.

I’m rooting for Blake. I also think that his recruiting footprint, which is the I-20 strip from Dallas, through East Texas, through Shreveport, Ruston, and Monroe is extremely fertile and doesn’t have much allegiance to any programs. We need to take advantage

Advertisement
He's Texas Manny. He's got that southern drawl but is aggressive as **** as a DC. If we have success and continue with a dominating defense, I could see him leaving for an open HC job in Texas in 3-4 years.

Advertisement
I think he and Banda are considered Co Def coordinators how does that work if true at least that's how it was explained when he first got here.
Probably nothing but I noticed in his recent press conference he spoke of almost the whole Dline individually but left out Russo.

Think our defense will be better under baker .you can tell how he carries himself in those interviews he knows what to do and adjust.hes already said Mullen will have a trick/wrinkle or two just to keep us off balance.when a coach says stuff like that you know he's up/into the game already.one day baker could be a top end hc.I mean up there with the good ones.

Advertisement
Back