Any post-signing day commitments?

CanefaninBuckeyeland

The Shogun of CIS
Just curious to know if there are any prospects out there that the staff may consider? We've gotten a couple of kid in the past, but I don't know if that was a Golden thing.

Advertisement
Good legit question that we all are thinking . . .

I believe the best bet will be a 5th year senior transfer type . . . Im sure Wisconsin and Russell Wilson may feel differently, but 5th year players (corners) looking to transfer aren't exactly the kids we want to build the program around. If those kids are pressed into playing, most likely we are in bad shape.

Does Georgia have any 5th year seniors we could use? They would be the obvious place to start.

I believe the best bet will be a 5th year senior transfer type . . . Im sure Wisconsin and Russell Wilson may feel differently, but 5th year players (corners) looking to transfer aren't exactly the kids we want to build the program around. If those kids are pressed into playing, most likely we are in bad shape.

We just need one corner that can be a stop gap for a year....a 4th or 5th corner that's serviceable and has experience. I'd take that for depth purposes

Advertisement
Ironically some of Golden's best under the radar pickups happened after signing day so I don't think it's impossible. Thurston Howell III was signed really late as a safety and he started 3 games for the Jags as a rookie last year. I believe Corn was an after signing day special too. Joe Brown was turning himself into something. Even Darius **** and Justin Renfrow carved out their place in Canes lure logging some serious playing time in 2 of the worst defenses of modern vintage.

So yes, it's possible. I'm sure they have their eyes open, especially for grad transfers since they won't take up schollies beyond 1 year. We aren't in disastrous shape with our starters/2 deep but depth is a disaster because 1 injury to Redwine or Corn and we're starting somebody who most definitely shouldn't be starting. Graduate transfers at CB, WR or even OL would be ideal as 1 year stop gaps.

Unsigned kids

WR
Robertson - GA kid looking at Cal, GT, ND, Stanford, UGA
Pinder - JUCO or Marshall/Temple
James Jackson- Dillard
Demetrius White - Dillar but may of signed with Toledo
Reginald Henderson - may of signed with Middle Tenn
JC Flowers - JAX FL kid who may be playing baseball for UK
Steffon McKnight - Cali kid but may be a Juco
Tray Eafford - GA kid ?
Daniel Crowell - MS kid?
Andre James - GA kid?

CB
Jermarius Jordan - Bama CB that appears to not have signed yet
D Jackson - Juco or legal troubles or both?
Malik Bell - was hurt as a junior and is fast with ok size.

DE
Auston Robertson - hasn't signed due to legal troubles
Mykelle McDaniel - GA kid with an "offer" from UGA that hasn't signed

Post grad options

CB
Terry Richardson from Michigan(2years left)

Lb
Allen Gant from Michigan (1yr)

OT
Catalina from Rhode Island (1yr)

WR
John Diarse from LSU (2yrs left)--transferred to TCU
Collins Moore from Ole Miss (1yr)

RB
Derrick Green From Michigan (1yr)

There are likely others but those are the kids that will likely get picked up and help teams that are/were on the market

does rob lockhart have eligibility left? would take him back about as fast as I'd take EJ back. Still regularly watch Lockhart's HS highlight tape.

Advertisement

I don't have a problem with a one-and-done graduate senior if there is a roster spot to fill.

Miami did well with Pat O'Donnell, although he was a punter. The Canes could use quality depth at DB and WR. They should welcome someone who can come in a play, especially if it means a freshman can redshirt and develop. I'm tired of Golden-esque wastes when a freshman barely participates and blows a year of eligibility.

Trayone Gray comes to mind. Golden wasted Gray's true freshman year with a handful of carries that meant nothing.

Ironically some of Golden's best under the radar pickups happened after signing day so I don't think it's impossible. Thurston Howell III was signed really late as a safety and he started 3 games for the Jags as a rookie last year. I believe Corn was an after signing day special too. Joe Brown was turning himself into something. Even Darius **** and Justin Renfrow carved out their place in Canes lure logging some serious playing time in 2 of the worst defenses of modern vintage.

So yes, it's possible. I'm sure they have their eyes open, especially for grad transfers since they won't take up schollies beyond 1 year. We aren't in disastrous shape with our starters/2 deep but depth is a disaster because 1 injury to Redwine or Corn and we're starting somebody who most definitely shouldn't be starting. Graduate transfers at CB, WR or even OL would be ideal as 1 year stop gaps.

Should have stopped before you mentioned Darius **** as a late signing success story.

Jemarius Jordan just started following both Diaz and Richt on Twitter. I don't know if either follows him tho.

Advertisement
Not really. Low 3 star. Better than CJ McWilliams i'd guess. We need depth and this kid hasn't signed. Unless they plan on uncovering a stud or getting Terry Richardson I'd probably take. Better than Ryan Mayes I'd guess.

Mayes is a 3* south florid kid which means 4* everywhere else, no? Really doubt they take a kid that is jag. Richardson is a take, Robertson is a stud, Catalina is a take, Bell is a take IMO

Advertisement

Should have stopped before you mentioned Darius **** as a late signing success story.

Nothing that happened the last 5 years is a success story. Just different scents of ****. Each season was like a different stop in the epcot **** showcase. My memory may be suffering from ptsd but I think I remember Darius **** actually being decent year 1, which I believe was actually the best (certainly not very good, but comparatively "Golden's Best") defense Golden ever managed to put out, then in year 2 **** became the first and only guy Golden made lose weight and without his extra layers he made a full turn into an NHL defenseman.

In keeping with the tone of this board lately, I have recommitted to my wife, and told her that I will let her make all the decisions in the household, to hand her my paycheck when work pays me, and promised to wait until SHE asks ME for ***.

Unsigned kids

WR
Robertson - GA kid looking at Cal, GT, ND, Stanford, UGA
Pinder - JUCO or Marshall/Temple
James Jackson- Dillard
Demetrius White - Dillar but may of signed with Toledo
Reginald Henderson - may of signed with Middle Tenn
JC Flowers - JAX FL kid who may be playing baseball for UK
Steffon McKnight - Cali kid but may be a Juco
Tray Eafford - GA kid ?
Daniel Crowell - MS kid?
Andre James - GA kid?

CB
Jermarius Jordan - Bama CB that appears to not have signed yet
D Jackson - Juco or legal troubles or both?
Malik Bell - was hurt as a junior and is fast with ok size.

DE
Auston Robertson - hasn't signed due to legal troubles
Mykelle McDaniel - GA kid with an "offer" from UGA that hasn't signed

Post grad options

CB
Terry Richardson from Michigan(2years left)

Lb
Allen Gant from Michigan (1yr)

OT
Catalina from Rhode Island (1yr)

WR
John Diarse from LSU (2yrs left)--transferred to TCU
Collins Moore from Ole Miss (1yr)

RB
Derrick Green From Michigan (1yr)

There are likely others but those are the kids that will likely get picked up and help teams that are/were on the market
Terry Richardson has to be someone they're looking heavily into to play nickel, same thing with Gant because you can't have too many good LBs

Advertisement
Back