Any one remember the cinematic classic 'Gung Ho'?...

Advertisement
as far as Im concerned, it's right up there with 'Citizen Kane' and 'Gone with the Wind', but anyhoooo, what's happening now with Miami football and Mario Cristobal reminds me of that scene when Hunt Stevenson (played brilliantly by a young Michael Keaton) went up on stage, pounded the lectern and stated, ''15,000 CARS!!"

That would be his promise to the Japanese automakers on behalf of his union brothers.

Well, for Mario its, ''At least double digit wins, and an ACC title with a playoff birth!!!''

Ok, Im gonna work on shortening this up a bit. But you catch my drift. It's clear that the program has put all the chips to the center of the table, they are going all-in on the 2024 season. If Cristobal is the coach we hope/think he is, then the onus should be on him to start delivering the expected results. It's year three, its mostly his roster now. In the age of the transfer portal, you really don't need 5-years to rebuild the way a Butch Davis did.

As George Allen said, ''the future is now.''

We need 15,000 cars.

(By the way, Keaton was absolutely robbed of an Oscar for this performance)
Very good movie.

Advertisement
I thought this thread was about Cristobal needing to win???? Turned into a Keaton review, weird how this site functions.

Advertisement
as far as Im concerned, it's right up there with 'Citizen Kane' and 'Gone with the Wind', but anyhoooo, what's happening now with Miami football and Mario Cristobal reminds me of that scene when Hunt Stevenson (played brilliantly by a young Michael Keaton) went up on stage, pounded the lectern and stated, ''15,000 CARS!!"

That would be his promise to the Japanese automakers on behalf of his union brothers.

Well, for Mario its, ''At least double digit wins, and an ACC title with a playoff birth!!!''

Ok, Im gonna work on shortening this up a bit. But you catch my drift. It's clear that the program has put all the chips to the center of the table, they are going all-in on the 2024 season. If Cristobal is the coach we hope/think he is, then the onus should be on him to start delivering the expected results. It's year three, its mostly his roster now. In the age of the transfer portal, you really don't need 5-years to rebuild the way a Butch Davis did.

As George Allen said, ''the future is now.''

We need 15,000 cars.

(By the way, Keaton was absolutely robbed of an Oscar for this performance)
1714428040743.gif

I thought it drove great

Advertisement
Christmas Movie: Die Hard "You're the wrong guy, in the wrong place, at the wrong time."

(What I feel like as a UM Football Fan since Butch left.)

Multiplicity anyone????. This movie killed me... always a great watch..
GIF by Giffffr

Advertisement
This season will come down to three things.

Health, can the key additions stay healthy.

Chemistry, can the staff build a team out of a bunch of mercenaries.

Gameplanning, use the talent that you have (cater to it, what they Excell at) rather than trying to force an identity.

There are no more excuses.

Roman Troy Moroni, the man responsible for the Mother's Day Massacre, the Christmas Day Slaughter, the Lincoln's Birthday Mutilations, and the Groundhog's Day Beheadings.

Advertisement
Back