Any of you had a family member that was a recruit?

Advertisement
My brother played basketball at Michigan State a few years ago. He's 27 now.

Football I would take him to camps, combines, clinics, 7on7s, Nike combines and to camp at different universities. It's also wise to send film I out to coaches and let them use their connections for you.

My brother played basketball at Michigan State a few years ago. He's 27 now.

Football I would take him to camps, combines, clinics, 7on7s, Nike combines and to camp at different universities. It's also wise to send film I out to coaches and let them use their connections for you.

no way! who was your brother?

Camps. IF he wants to ensure he gets his name out there. Hit some camps and start getting game tape together to send to coaches. Dont always trust HS coaches, those guys are not who you want handling your son's future unless you know them well. Get your own tape or request from the school, make copies and deliver them to schools.

Advertisement
depends.. if you really hate your kid give Genron a call.... if you like your kid camps are the absolute best way to get a kid noticed IF they are a stud or have great potential.

All good advice.... camps and film... Hudl is huge ... every school should have an account

There is a guy named Tim Burton that posts on this site that was very helpful about providing information. He is part of NCSA which I recommend you check out as part of the process for your son.

My son's football team is not doing well and has not done well in the past, but we do have 2 D1 players. I know one of them used a service (person with connections) to get film out and went to camps. I think the film helped get colleges to noticing him, but the camps elevated him. The video cost $1,500 to make and distribute, so that may be a good marker for you to use.

In talking with folks about the process it is not how the team is preforming, but how the player is preforming, so there is still a good chance to play at the next level regardless of the team.

If you have not done so make sure to sign up for the NCAA Clearinghouse. This should be done prior to your sons junior year.

All in all though I would reach out to Tim Burton. He was a great help in getting us set up with NCSA (there is a cost for the service, but you get a lot of resources for the money). This and camps as noted is the way to go.

Good luck

When I was being recruited I went to Nike camps and that's pretty much a guarantee to get you on rivals.com at the least.

Advertisement
It's marketing...got to get your name out there. Good coaches can help at that...our team was 4 -6 last year but still sent kids to UAB, UTSA and the University of Miami. Coaches did that.. With Shaq we did at at least one of the recruiting camps ie Nike, Rivals and 1 school camp ie Miami, UF, Auburn for the last three years...once the writers got to know him he blew up getting 19 offers by the end of his Soph year.

Be careful with NCSA. Definitely hit camps, combines and 7 on 7. If you go to camps have his HS coach reach out to the school before you go so they will be looking for him or else he is just another number out there.

Advertisement
Thanks for the advice. He just finished his soph year and now the goal is for him to get stronger and get some exposure

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4045894/highlights/197944375

not bad highlights at all. Catches everything. Like to see him be able to catch a few in stride instead of having to make an acrobatic catch cause a crappy pass.

I hate to be unloyal, but that's why Im looking for another area team. All his passes were like that. I am going to take him to a camp in Miami next summer.

Advertisement
Back