Any news on Peyton Matocha's development, just bored

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Liberty City El posted about him on another thread. Didn’t make him out to be the next big thing, but said he is being slept on because he’s athletic (high school track and field athlete), has plenty of arm talent, good size, and has experience running a similar system in high school.

I missed LCE's post but thanks for the info. Hopefully Peyton can take the next step and help elevate the competition in the qb room.

I'm more of a fan of his skill set for post-King than TVD or Perry.

Doesn't mean he'll be the best option, but I wouldn't count him out.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing to be a solid backup, someone’s going to transfer out after deriq king

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Liberty City El posted about him on another thread. Didn’t make him out to be the next big thing, but said he is being slept on because he’s athletic (high school track and field athlete), has plenty of arm talent, good size, and has experience running a similar system in high school.
Yup.

He's a 6'4 200lbs kid that was a late bloomer, didn't start until his Senior year but is an athletic kid who ran track & was high jumper, also rushed for over 800yds & 14TD's his Senior year with 3700yds passing & 35TD's while leading his team to the TAPPS playoffs.

Basically, my run down on him is he's a kid that has good athletic traits, good size (needs weight & strength though), pretty good arm & played competitive HS ball down in Houston even though it was private school ball. He ran a spread offense so Lashlee's offense will be familiar to him which could help him get on the field in the long run.

Do I think he's gonna be some All-American? No. But I think he's a kid that has the tools to be solid with development & could potentially put himself in a good spot to eventually get a shot at playing, will that happen Idk, but I just wouldn't write him off is all I'm saying.

He had offers from Wyoming, Tulane & UTEP, nothing major of course, but the OC at Wyoming Brent Vigen is the guy who recruited, signed & developed Josh Allen into 1st round pick, as well as when he was OC at North Dakota St developed Brock Jensen who won 3 straight FCS national titles under the Craig Bohl regime.

He may turn out to be a career backup for us, but I'm just saying he has ability & he's someone to keep an eye out on over the years if he stays at Miami for the long haul. Obviously, TVD is the favorite for the future.

How is his development coming along? Exceeding expectations but he needs a lot more reps.
Any former player he compares to? A more athletic Dorsey physically.
Can he run the spread? **** yes.
What does he need to work on? Being able to handle the speed of college game. Arm strength.
Any info at all is appreciated, thanks.

Well ok, finally some thought provoking and "insightful" posts.

When Matochoa initially signed on, many here said we found a "diamond" in the rough. Now after a redshirt year some here are navigating to " career back-up. "

The fact remains, 60-65% of QB's nation=wide will be career back-up's.

Advertisement
I remember reading he’d have been much higher in the rankings but his school lost an entire season due to Hurricane Harvey and the floods.

Well ok, finally some thought provoking and "insightful" posts.

When Matochoa initially signed on, many here said we found a "diamond" in the rough. Now after a redshirt year some here are navigating to " career back-up. "

The fact remains, 60-65% of QB's nation=wide will be career back-up's.
I think the key is he has potential to break out. Im willing to let time play out. Maybe we have Scott Covington in our midst...

Advertisement
Back