Antonyo Sotolongo "grew up a UM fan"

Sotolongo attended a few UM games this season and enjoyed watching the Hurricanes from the perspective of a recruit.

-says “That was very cool,” Sotolongo said. “The atmosphere was pretty electric and it was a lot of fun to just be out there and see a game like that. I was born in Miami, so I have always liked Miami football. It has always been a part of my life to go to the games and support them.”

Sotolongo makes sure to watch nearly every UM game and overall he came away impressed by the season the Hurricanes had in 2013.

-says “Their season this year was pretty good,” “There is no doubt about that. They showed that they can compete with the best teams and that they have things going in the right direction.”

-invited to UM’s upcoming junior day on Sunday.

-says “I hope Miami does offer me,” Sotolongo said. “They invited me to come out to their junior day and I would love to get a word with their coach. That offer would mean a lot. It is the school I always wanted to go to and it is the school I have fantasized playing for.”

-claims offers from Duke, Western Michigan, FIU, Wake Forest, Purdue, and Tulane. He is also receiving some interest from Georgia and Tennessee.

-plans to attend as many seven-on-seven events and camps as possible to show that he belongs in the discussion as one of the top defensive backs in South Florida.

-says “I want to show that I am a physical safety that is not afraid to come up and hit and then I want to show that I have good footwork in the cone drills too,” “I am going to play safety on the next level, so I just want to show that I belong.”

-finished his junior season with 65 tackles and four interceptions, three of which were returned for touchdowns.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1532480/highlights/68951375?autoplay=1

Advertisement
Advertisement
So did Sony and didn't even visit officially. Tyrek Cole and Ermon Lane have pics as juniors with orange and green from top to bottom. Them growing up as real Canes fans they would never step foot in the 850 area code as real Canes fans hate FSU and want nothing to do with them.

Looks good. Real nose for the ball. Looked like he was thinking about flashing the U after that second pick 6.

This kid absolutely killed it at the SFE tryouts. Had three picks on successive reps. Very strong for a safety. 11 offers (probably more now), but he'll blow up this offseason.

Add Ole Miss, Bama, and Arkansas interest. Definitely keep an eye on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back