Official Antonio Tripp COMMITS

Once he builds up the program I agree but until then I'm fine with classes in that 10-15 Range
He was recruiting top 10 classes to Oregon. #7, #12, #6. To Oregon!

He's best known for being a relentless recruiter.

Now he's at Miami where we've had some of the worst coaches and on field success and still continue to recruit top 15 classes.

I expect top 6-8 classes consistently. Maybe just top 10 on some off years but that'll be the exception.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love taking kids like this early. Yeah hes not a top 10 OL in the country but hes a great piece and hes a trench bully from an area we want to get our boots on the ground in. (DC/Baltimore area)

For all the talk of the amount of 5* kids that are on our radar..the reality is, we cant have 70% of the class on ice until December waiting on these guys either. Fill up that other 30% with great pieces like Tripp along the way. Plus the kid seems like he is all in barring a complete collapse this season. (6-6/7-5 type record)

word from PSU is that everything cooled b/w Tripp and PSU late fall/Jan. Whether or not it was PSU cooling b/c they had other committed IOL guys or Tripp wanting to explore other options is unclear. But, he was expected to be a commit last summer/fall.

That school is a big time PSU feeder school, fwiw.

I love taking kids like this early. Yeah hes not a top 10 OL in the country but hes a great piece and hes a trench bully from an area we want to get our boots on the ground in. (DC/Baltimore area)

For all the talk of the amount of 5* kids that are on our radar..the reality is, we cant have 70% of the class on ice until December waiting on these guys either. Fill up that other 30% with great pieces like Tripp along the way. Plus the kid seems like he is all in barring a complete collapse this season. (6-6/7-5 type record)
Kid will be a cane regardless of record watch.

Advertisement
Do coaches always give recruits families their own personal I.D Badges on recruiting trips? If not thats a great idea by Mario

Maybe some things have changed/moved, but a few years ago (ten?) when I got my "alum" Cane card, you had your picture taken in the office on the ground floor of the parking garage at Mark Light Stadium, which is not far from the Hecht. I wonder if that's now a standard part of the check-in/tour. It's a nice touch.

word from PSU is that everything cooled b/w Tripp and PSU late fall/Jan. Whether or not it was PSU cooling b/c they had other committed IOL guys or Tripp wanting to explore other options is unclear. But, he was expected to be a commit last summer/fall.

That school is a big time PSU feeder school, fwiw.

Can Ped State blame Manny? I hope so...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once he builds up the program I agree but until then I'm fine with classes in that 10-15 Range
Mario knows what he's doing. Even the top programs drop out of the top 10 when they don't need so many players. Regardless of where we land, we will get lots of talent.

Advertisement

@TrumpyCane , you know what to do, you know what to do...
1646858411923.png

Advertisement
Back