Antonio Callaway

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Miami Booker T. Washington High School WR Antonio Callaway spoke with Cane coaches over the weekend.

"They were talking about bringing me down for a visit, are working to set that up for me," Callaway said.

He also plans to visit Florida, Auburn and Alabama.

"I haven't set those up yet," Callaway said.

Asked where Miami fits in with him as of now, Callaway said, "I don't have any top. They're in there, though."

He says he won't make any decision until after he takes all his visits, and then he will wait to announce the choice.

"I plan to wait till signing day," Callaway said.

A good sign for UM is that Callaway is good friends with Cane commitment and teammate Mark Walton.

"We talk about going to school together, but we still may wind up at different schools though," Callaway said. "We say how if we go to the same school together we can dominate."

He says what he likes about UM is that "I can come right in there and play right away, and I like their offense a lot. They can be way better in the future. They have a No. 1 quarterback, guys to throw the ball to and we can have a running game too."

* Callaway is coming off knee surgery for a torn meniscus.

"It's coming well," he said. "I'm ahead of schedule. I go back to doctor Jan. 7 - I think they'll clear me for a full workout."

Advertisement
I think ice might pay off @ Booker T this year. I know he never coached Calloway or D. Davis but I think he has strong enough in-roads at that school to work some magic. Walton in his ear also doesn't hurt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back