Antione Jackson to UCF

Yup... Everyone raves about this top five class, but our average star ranking isn't top five. This is because Mario and company took a gazillion three stars.

Sure, some will surprise, but most will not.

Sucks when we miss out on kids with real college talent, proven talent...
Mack is off to a good start based on his UAAA performance. When’s the last time we had 9 guys at the all-star games? Seems like it’s been awhile.

Advertisement
Porter was close to lockdown last year he was a huge surprise. Not sure why people disrespect him here or sleep on him. He was one of our best players.
Maybe so, I just don’t see a major difference maker at CB or S right now. Hopefully he continues the upward trajectory. Same with Brown

It’s bigger than this one kid, it’s the fact that we have 0 proven players in the secondary and we are looking to add any
Porter jr is proven. Damari was a true frosh that won the starting Job by the end of the year. So I wouldn't say we have no proven CBs. Also Stafford has a higher ceiling than him or anyone else on our roster at CB.

Maybe so, I just don’t see a major difference maker at CB or S right now. Hopefully he continues the upward trajectory. Same with Brown
The whole point of the position is to not allow the wr to catch the ball. He did that really well. He’s not the biggest and he’s playing out of position but he balled. And that’s coming from a guy who was shocked he was starting.

Addae is not a good cb coach..

But I'll give Mario the benefit of the doubt here. We know more about this kid that any other school in the country. By far. He has friends on the team begging for him to come. And he's still not getting an invite? This one is too easy so there has to be a legitimate reason he's not being offered.

I agree with you. I just don’t think it’s that complicated. IMO, I think the staff isn’t that high on him. Right or wrong, they just may not be impressed.

Advertisement
The bigger issue than Jackson is the lack of spots in general right now. We need at minimum 5-7 additional impact players and that’s without counting QB (which it seems like we are inclined to spend 2 schollys on now).

Excuse me, one slightly above average player. Better?
Not really. Maybe you should find a new team if you hate all the players?
Porter had a really good year. They barely threw at him. He’s a good player. So is the Frosh Brown.
we got a portal safety from vandy and 5 star stud coming in from Chaminade.

The portal players are the new shiny new backup qbs to fans . They always want the next guy even though they ain’t never seen them Do **** .

Advertisement
The 3* convo. - Plazz and Mack more than held their own last week. Anyone feeling better about Mack👀?

Hadn't heard much questioning of the Wheatley-Humphrey take. McConathy either. Thomas held back by injuries, somewhat of a risk for a guy with a higher ceiling than most 3 stars. Day, a Guidry take. Judd's the best they could come up with and showed promise. So essentially 2 OL and 1 DL seem to be the questionable takes. And most are willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to Mario & little man when it comes to OL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Damari locked up Coleman but I guess he’s a bum too? I like him more at star but regardless he’s a dawg.
Yeah Damari will almost certainly be a full time starter here, same way Fletcher will be.
If we get another portal CB which we need, they will be outside and either Brown will move in to be a big slot or porter will to be a normal nickel. Brown has the size to really be an actual run presence there too.

Not really. Maybe you should find a new team if you hate all the players?
Porter had a really good year. They barely threw at him. He’s a good player. So is the Frosh Brown.
we got a portal safety from vandy and 5 star stud coming in from Chaminade.

The portal players are the new shiny new backup qbs to fans . They always want the next guy even though they ain’t never seen them Do **** .
I dont hate all the players, never said that, however I’m not wowed by a guy from Vanderbilt who started 2 games, a unproven TF, no matter how talented he may be coming inz

The portal is your opportunity to get PROVEN talent.

You’ve never seen the Vanderbilt do ****, yet here you are hyping him up

Advertisement
If we get the NCSt CB, this is really NBD, if he wanted to be here he should have never got out of his loi. If we don't get a CB though - and Stafford doesn't step up....and if we keep Addae, then this is a mistake
Seems like an unnecessary risk at a position of need. Kids got talent & wanted to be here. You stack talent.

Seems like an unnecessary risk. Kids got talent & wanted to be here. You stack talent.
Jackson isn't a requirement to stack talent though lol. Like I said we could get someone else they view as better. And We have scholarship limits to with around, so no we can't just stack talent without consideration. If we get someone else it's fine/better. If not it's a mistake.

Advertisement
Back