Antione Jackson to UCF

Sometimes this isn’t black and white. It’s a numbers game. Spots are tight. We probably need a spot in the secondary for safety post spring.

Do you just take him because he is begging? What does that say to a Robert Stafford. A guy that came here, stuck with us, is developing and going to compete for a solid role. Now you bring in a kid that signed to come here, said **** you, went elsewhere. Now wants to come back. Not black and white to just say yea come back and compete with stafford for PT.

Would be different if it was a different kid from another school and recruiting history. But this is a kid the staff spent hours working hard to sign. He signed. And before he walked in wanted out.
How can spots be tight AND we have no DBs? Where are these spots at when we losing to ******* rutgers?! Roster look trash out there.. Dawg we lost to rutgers, fml..

Advertisement
I understand the concerning point you're making. I think we can't all look at every situation the same though. This was a 16yr old kid who was technically a JR in HS. He did commit to us but ended up choosing to follow some 😻😻😻. He actually has played very well and gained some much needed experience at a D1 level program and now wants to come back. Also kids on the team is vouching for him. It's not like he went somewhere and rode the bench all year. He actually produced. Crazy to say but he would actually be one of the more experienced (snaps wise) CBs on our team besides DP.
That's fine but openly campaigning for a spot back on the team via social media shows he's still really immature. There is a right way to approach something like this and he clearly isn't going about it that way

Sometimes this isn’t black and white. It’s a numbers game. Spots are tight. We probably need a spot in the secondary for safety post spring.

Do you just take him because he is begging? What does that say to a Robert Stafford. A guy that came here, stuck with us, is developing and going to compete for a solid role. Now you bring in a kid that signed to come here, said **** you, went elsewhere. Now wants to come back. Not black and white to just say yea come back and compete with stafford for PT.

Would be different if it was a different kid from another school and recruiting history. But this is a kid the staff spent hours working hard to sign. He signed. And before he walked in wanted out.
Well you don't take him just because he's begging. You take him because he's now a more polished product than when you were originally going to take him lol. And at this VERY MOMENT, I would trust him over Stafford. Not trying to be funny but has Stafford even got into any games? I mean, of course I think we need both but you're comparing a guy who has **** zero game experience vs a guy who got major playing time and produced as a 16yr old freshman.

Advertisement
Well you don't take him just because he's begging. You take him because he's now a more polished product than when you were originally going to take him lol. And at this VERY MOMENT, I would trust him over Stafford. Not trying to be funny but has Stafford even got into any games? I mean, of course I think we need both but you're comparing a guy who has **** zero game experience vs a guy who got major playing time and produced as a 16yr old freshman.
I’m pretty sure that Stafford is relatively new to corner. He needed to develop. There’s a reason there’s a lot of optimism. I’m not discrediting Jackson. But let’s not act like he was full year starter there. I think we return enough and have enough guys there’s developing any focus at the CB should be a proven starter. Even doing so gets iffy with Damari.

My point is it’s just not let’s take him because he wants to be here and has played some in college. I think they are looking for something specific in that room and he’s not it. Just not black and white. I could be wrong

I agree 100% on your first point but what kind of precedent are you setting if you give a kid like this another chance? Do we really want kids at positions of need backing out of their LOI knowing that our staff will probably take them back in a year?
I get it and this is why I'm hesitant on recruiting kids that reclassify due to maturity issues, but thats the thing he was like 16 and realized he made a mistake. If he is bought in and willing to put in the work why hold it against him? Can't imagine being a 16 yr old and trying to pick a school to prepare me for college/beyond. Also, the DB room has a dearth of talent and this kid looked nice as a true freshman and has a year of strength and conditioning. Bring him in and figure the rest out.

I’m pretty sure that Stafford is relatively new to corner. He needed to develop. There’s a reason there’s a lot of optimism. I’m not discrediting Jackson. But let’s not act like he was full year starter there. I think we return enough and have enough guys there’s developing any focus at the CB should be a proven starter. Even doing so gets iffy with Damari.

My point is it’s just not let’s take him because he wants to be here and has played some in college. I think they are looking for something specific in that room and he’s not it. Just not black and white. I could be wrong
Understand. I don't think anything should get iffy with Damari though. I'm sure he knows that he and DP pretty much have the starting roles locked down. And it's not like I'm saying bring in Jackson to be an immediate starter. Just saying it would be nice to have backups with actual experience. But yeah, I get it. The staff might be looking for something specific at the position.... My concern is actually having the trust that they will get it.

Advertisement
We need an elite corner and safety. Front seven isn’t going to be able to stop teams if the secondary sucks.
It’s down right scary looking at the roster.

Hopefully, Brown stays and takes a big step in his development, and perhaps Stafford or Richard are close to ready to contribute.
I was not impressed with our safety play in the bowl game. Patterson probably comes in and starts. We can’t afford any injuries.

DB recruiting has been abysmal. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get DBs located in South FL.

That's fine but openly campaigning for a spot back on the team via social media shows he's still really immature. There is a right way to approach something like this and he clearly isn't going about it that way

I don't understand your point at all. A South Florida legend who is a proven P5 starter as a 17 year old goes onto social media to admit he messed up and is all in on Miami. That's being immature? I think it's the exact opposite and sends a great message to the rest of the local recruits.

Advertisement
We have 90 OL and DL players that’s why lol
Yes. Because I want this roster…
IMG_4476.jpeg
IMG_4475.jpeg

Advertisement
I've come to the conclusion that him begging this much let's me know that he's lying about he and the staff leaving on good terms and he know he clearly fvcked us over with the timing of his transfer.

With that being said, Mario would be a **** fool to not give the kid another chance.

Considering Mario still has the stench of GaTech loss on him, he better not play the ivory tower game and act like sometimes people shouldnt get a second chance

Advertisement
Back