Antione Jackson to UCF

Live look-in...

1703629247023.png

Advertisement
I had a friend who did that after I laid out like $3k for the wedding bridal party. Beat the **** out of him then we moved on. Next wedding invite I told him to F off and let me know when the first anniversary party 🎊 happened
🤣🤣 I was in the Navy, we got stationed there together. Left the east coast, moved all the way to Hawaii and was stuck there.

Turned out in my favor though. I was stationed in Hawaii as a single man for 4 years!! Had a mfing blast!!!!!! 💥

Advertisement
Here's my conspiracy theory about Antione.
If you remember, he signed his NLoI with us before deciding he had to go to ECU. We could have made him use a transfer, but we let him out of his NLoI.
At the time, I imagined that the deal was, 'We'll let you go if you're just going to ECU to be with your girl. We're not letting you go to FSU or Colorado or anywhere else.'
But maybe it was even deeper, like, 'If you hit the portal, we get the right of first refusal.'
I understand it could not be explicitly like this, but maybe this was the idea all along, in some unsaid but understood sense.

👀

If true, can we use this CIA level of trickery and detail for game prep….

Advertisement
If he's ready to stop making incredibly poor decisions, sure.
This was my thinking as well but the fact that Mario and UM let him out of his NLI makes me think it was a decision respected. Otherwise you just hold him there.

My recollection of the recruitment was he was a high 4* for the 2024 class and was supposed to be our ambassador, he reclassifies to 2023 (true reclassification as he was 16) signs his NLI then dips to ECU out of a rumor some saying it was just for his girl but I saw some posts that he got her pregnant which honestly would make sense... you are a top recruit, young AF, decide to cash in on some NIL money earlier than needed, take care of your soon to be fam and decide to bet on yourself at a school like ECU when we are fending of Bama and UGA for him. If he told Mario he just wanted to man up to be with his BM and kid, I could see Mario letting him out to go handle his business and trust he wasnt saying that as a lie to dip to colorado or fsu. Then I dont think he made an incredibly poor decision and yes he is talented and yes Id bring him back.

But I saw the maury you are not the father gif in here, you telling me this man passed up a year at UM (or any major university) to follow his girl and unborn child to ECU only to find out he aint the pappy? come on now. Dont do homie like that.

Advertisement
Seemingly no bad blood between Mario and Antoine. Had a great year considering he’s 16. Got his head straightened out, seems like he’s ready to come play P5 ball. I don’t see a reason not to bring him in, he’s familiar with the team, good young talent, still have a spot. I’d like to cross train him tho, get him some Saftey reps too.

Advertisement
This was my thinking as well but the fact that Mario and UM let him out of his NLI makes me think it was a decision respected. Otherwise you just hold him there.

My recollection of the recruitment was he was a high 4* for the 2024 class and was supposed to be our ambassador, he reclassifies to 2023 (true reclassification as he was 16) signs his NLI then dips to ECU out of a rumor some saying it was just for his girl but I saw some posts that he got her pregnant which honestly would make sense... you are a top recruit, young AF, decide to cash in on some NIL money earlier than needed, take care of your soon to be fam and decide to bet on yourself at a school like ECU when we are fending of Bama and UGA for him. If he told Mario he just wanted to man up to be with his BM and kid, I could see Mario letting him out to go handle his business and trust he wasnt saying that as a lie to dip to colorado or fsu. Then I dont think he made an incredibly poor decision and yes he is talented and yes Id bring him back.

But I saw the maury you are not the father gif in here, you telling me this man passed up a year at UM (or any major university) to follow his girl and unborn child to ECU only to find out he aint the pappy? come on now. Dont do homie like that.
Mario let him out of NLI because he decided that was the best move for the big picture of the program. No objection. I won't speculate on his calculus, but it's fine by me.

I'm not debating whether getting someone pregnant when you're 17 is a good idea. I'm also not debating whether following the girl is a good idea. These are objectively horrendous decisions.

He was supposed to be in this class anyway so no harm no foul.

The only downside is losing a year of eligibility.

But on the plus side, he got a years worth of experience at D1 and presumably cannot transfer out without special dispensation.

Good deal if you ask me.

Advertisement
Back