Anti Jim Morris Crowd

txcane80

Sophomore
Banned
Miami is up 3 to 1 against #2 team... very early... maybe we lose....either way, time to eat crow... you all know who you are... just about everybody on here....

Advertisement
You make this board awful.

In Morris tenure he was an amazing coach, best in the game.
We've gone from never going two years without going to CWS to going like 7 years without a trip.
We had never gone 0-2 in the CWS in program history until last year.
We have not missed the tourney in 44 years. We may have been an Edgar HR away from that happening this year.

If you can't see the downward trend I don't know what to tell you.

It is what it is because next year is his final year.

Advertisement

We've gone from never going two years without going to CWS to going like 7 years without a trip.
We have not missed the tourney in 44 years. We may have been an Edgar HR away from that happening this year.

I see a team hitting its peak....

I see a team hitting its peak....

No argument from me on that but we should have never been in this position. The recruiting has been awful for 2 years +

Advertisement
I swear Jim Morris could take this team to the CWS, win it and it still wouldn't be good enough for this board...

The disconnect here, OP, is that you think just because people don't like Morris means those people don't want Miami to win. As Miami04 has said, Morris used to be a fantastic coach, but there is really no reason we should be praying for a regional berth. Again, clearly we all want Miami to win, that's why people are voicing their frustration.

Miami is up 3 to 1 against #2 team... very early... maybe we lose....either way, time to eat crow... you all know who you are... just about everybody on here....

Eat crow because Jim Morris might have us in a position of earning a berth in the NCAA tournament? That's what we're celebrating now?

Advertisement
I'm not sure very many on this board are necessarily anti-Morris, as much as most are pro-success.

Now, where everyone differs, is whether we view that success as being attainable, and what constitutes 'success' to begin with. Of course, you probably can't understand that, so i'll put it this way.

We are not necessarily anti-OP, as much as we are pro-reason, and since you can't seem to show that you have even an ounce of intelligence, that might be why you get so many down votes on everything you post.

Dumbass.

Gosh, you're worse than that St. Thomas Aquinas blowhard from last year...You're just as blindly ignorant as Brian's Thong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The disconnect here, OP, is that you think just because people don't like Morris means those people don't want Miami to win. As Miami04 has said, Morris used to be a fantastic coach, but there is really no reason we should be praying for a regional berth. Again, clearly we all want Miami to win, that's why people are voicing their frustration.

Agreed. Sometimes the game passes you by, sometimes you lose the passion, and sometimes you can no longer relate to the players. Not sure what is going on with the staff, but a UM baseball team should not be on the outside looking in.

44 f'ing years possibly down the tubes, and as fans we are looking at another year to celebrate a coach that should have bowed out years ago. Not to mentioned the poor/lazy recruiting could leave us with the possibility of a team worse than this one next year.

I, for one, am not happy this is what Miami baseball has become. But, hey, that's just me.

Yes we went to the CWS the last 2 years, and yes, Morris was very good in the 90s and early 2000s, but this isn't a lifetime achievement award. This is Miami baseball. It's time to move on. It was time for Bowden to move on, Paterno, and it's time for Mike Martin to move on at FSU. Miami went to the CWS 11 times in his first 15 years winning 2 national titles. That's the standard. Miami has been to the CWS 2 times in the last 8 years (and only 3 super regionals) and might not make the postseason this year after 44 straight years. That's not the standard.

No one on here is rooting against Miami. To say so is dumb. To start these threads is dumb.

Last edited:
I, for one, am not happy this is what Miami baseball has become. But, hey, that's just me.

Yes we went to the CWS the last 2 years, and yes, Morris was very good in the 90s and early 2000s, but this isn't a lifetime achievement award. This is Miami baseball. It's time to move on. It was time for Bowden to move on, Paterno, and it's time for Mike Martin to move on at FSU. Miami went to the CWS 11 times in his first 15 years winning 2 national titles. That's the standard. Miami has been to the CWS 2 times in the last 8 years (and only 3 super regionals) and might not make the postseason this year after 44 straight years. That's not the standard.

No one on here is rooting against Miami. To say so is dumb. To start these threads is dumb.

Fair comment but we are moving on. He is out after next season.

Advertisement
Back