Anthony Schwartz Potential

The only reason you slow play this kid this season is the insane depth at the position this recruiting cycle. **** I'd call the track coach and get him to school through that avenue. It's worked prior. Why not in this situation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because the second he even practices his scholly becomes a football one.

Advertisement
The only reason you slow play this kid this season is the insane depth at the position this recruiting cycle. **** I'd call the track coach and get him to school through that avenue. It's worked prior. Why not in this situation?

Well ****.

He's a must get. Anybody who prefers Wiggins to Schwartz is on crack.
He's not a must get just because he's really fast, as an overall WR he's not even in the top 5-10 in the state, let alone the nation...

& why are you so **** bent on pushing Wiggins out of this class?

The staff is sticking with Wiggins whether y'all like it or not, so those of y'all that are placing Schwartz & E Moore on this pedestal are going to be bhitching & crying all the way til NSD, because Wiggins is not getting dropped in favor of one of your beloved speed demons.

Advertisement

As many times as I've posted the rule and explained it, people still misstate it three times as often...

This is the rule, and "recruited" means any of the following: had an official visit, had an arranged meeting with a football (in this case) coach off campus, or was issued a national letter of intent or written football scholarship offer:

15.5.9.1 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a counter who was recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

In other words, you don't count as a football scholarship player until you compete (play in a game - like Santana Moss) if you were not recruited (defined above) for football. If you were recruited for football, then you count as soon as you practice.

The one thing I could never understand is - last recruiting cycle, there was a player of almost identical build and measurables. This player primarily played RB in HS but was recruited to be a CB in college. This board and the coaches pretty ****ed when he chose to go to another in state school. He was a pretty high priority recruit and Miami fans would've been ecstatic if he had signed with us. Was he a shutdown CB in HS? Nope. Was he better than any of the CBs being recruited this cycle? Nope. So, why was he such a hot ticket item? Speed. Everyone talked about his 4.34 speed and how you can't teach that. Never mind that he didn't even play the position he was being recruited for or that CB (IMO) is a harder position to learn at the next level than WR.

Would I have taken that other recruit? Absolutely. Would I take Anthony Schwartz - Absolutely. You just can't teach that speed. Would I take him at WR - maybe/maybe not - depending on a bunch of things. But if not at WR, I'd certainly take him as an athlete/ KR.

Now, I'd agree that if he's not going to be focusing on football at the next level, we need to pass and save a scholarship. But if he's interested and is willing to focus on football, then yea, I'd take him. Find a spot for him one way or another.

My boy was talking to some of the kids on AH today. None of them think he will be focusing on football at all moving forward in college. He's really serious about track. Rightfully so.

As for my thoughts. Not that high on him. Yes, he's fast. I've been to AH games before, he's extremely raw as a WR. Didn't really stand out each time either. He has a ways to go and things you can't teach for sure though. I've seen a lot of fast kid who are not good at football. Not saying he's bad but he was not the heart of that offense and he needs work on his hands and route running a lot. There's more to being a WR than just being fast.

Edit: I understand the hype and why some like him, don't get me wrong.

It's because our need for CB is much worse than our need for WR's.

Advertisement
Disclaimer! Sorry if this offends any snowflakes:

When it comes to QB's you treat them like ammo.

Buy 'em cheap. Stack 'em deep!

Schwartzen is obviously a workout warrior. We need REAL WRs that actually know how to play the position.

Football isn't played on a track.

Advertisement
Back