Anthony Moten on 24/7

"He's going to do it on the radio at some point (today)," Moten's father, Anthony Sr., said. "He's going to make his commitment."

Moten landed 22 scholarship offers during the recruiting process, and dad said academics (he has a 3.1 GPA) and immediate playing time were the biggest factors that went into the choice.

Moten is down to two schools - Miami and Florida State.

"He wants to play - every kid wants to play," Anthony Sr. said.
If this is true no way he picks fsu over us

Advertisement
Doesn't matter.

Kid is still 100% Miami. He probably could not set up the media coverage with such short notice.

Advertisement
A two day delay can only mean he didn't get the proper media coverage or a family member couldn't be there etc. He's not changing his mind from whoever he was going to announce today.

3-4 DE at STA. I expect the same for him at Miami.

Yup, a future starting DL of Thomas-Valentine-Moten is what a Miami DL should look like.

**** yes.

shouldn't both of your DEs in a 3-4 alignment have the ability to move and generate a pass rush (while still be big enough to control the edge in the running game)? I see Thomas in that role, but Moten is more the plodding 4-3 DT type. No?

Generally in a two gap 3-4 any pass rush you get from the interior is a bonus. They're generally run defenders who can be stout and get some push on pass plays. Moten is a pretty ideal fit at that position, while it's something Chad will have to grow into. Having a player of Chad's skill at that position though is a huge plus, because it lets you generate an interior pass rush while not sacrificing run defense.

Yup, a future starting DL of Thomas-Valentine-Moten is what a Miami DL should look like.

**** yes.

shouldn't both of your DEs in a 3-4 alignment have the ability to move and generate a pass rush (while still be big enough to control the edge in the running game)? I see Thomas in that role, but Moten is more the plodding 4-3 DT type. No?

Generally in a two gap 3-4 any pass rush you get from the interior is a bonus. They're generally run defenders who can be stout and get some push on pass plays. Moten is a pretty ideal fit at that position, while it's something Chad will have to grow into. Having a player of Chad's skill at that position though is a huge plus, because it lets you generate an interior pass rush while not sacrificing run defense.

Having Chad allows you to be much more versatile in what you do however. There's no reason that Chad can't play 3 positions effectively by his 2nd and 3rd years. He's an ideal stack end, while also being able to play 3 technique, and could conceivably stand up in some 3rd and long situations. He's quite possibly the most important recruit in the class, while also being the most talented.

Advertisement

**** yes.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but Moten does not strike me as a 2 gap kid who can also be adept at rushing the passer. Maybe I'm wrong about his athletic ability.

**** yes.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but Moten does not strike me as a 2 gap kid who can also be adept at rushing the passer. Maybe I'm wrong about his athletic ability.

All that **** won't matter because a change in the DC will come after we tank the next 3 games.

Advertisement
SFHS Sports @SFHSSports
ICYMI: STA DL Anthony Moten @anthony_moten95 will make his college announcement tomorrow night at 7:30pm. sfhssports.com

It got pushed back because UM basketball was on last night but he's a Cane. The FSU mods said he's never even visited the campus so nobody thinks he's going there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back