Anthony Moten, DT, Miami FA with Fins

Advertisement
Gee thanks, phins.

I mean, yes I’m happy for Moten and wish him nothing but the best.

But it’s like for the last 25 years the fins go out of their way to ignore the canes. Yes I know, Olivier and Miller. Those guys ended up being NFL quality choices. They weren’t stretches. But that’s it. It doesn’t seem statistically possible unless it’s intentional for them to stay so far away from UM players from a school 20 miles away. I just don’t get it. It’s probably a coincidence, but it sure doesn’t seem that way.

Advertisement
Don Shula had an intense dislike of the way Jimmie Johnson ran the Canes during his tenure. I think the animosity has continued over the years. For me, hosting the Gators championship team just seemed to intensify the bad blood between the Dolphins and UM. The ownership sure doesn’t dislike the checks we’re forced to send them to play in their stadium, but we’re just a tenant for Ross and that’s it.

Advertisement
Don Shula had an intense dislike of the way Jimmie Johnson ran the Canes during his tenure. I think the animosity has continued over the years. For me, hosting the Gators championship team just seemed to intensify the bad blood between the Dolphins and UM. The ownership sure doesn’t dislike the checks we’re forced to send them to play in their stadium, but we’re just a tenant for Ross and that’s it.
They will hate those checks too. Back in early 70’s, the fins owned greatness. The OB was a death trap to opponents. Along comes the Canes to reclaim their house and take top billing. Fins became second fiddle. What pro team carries the water bucket to the local college team? They hated that to the bone. This season we took the Rock for our own on the ND night. It has never seen a night like that. Th e Fins never had a game like that in that stadium. They will be second fiddle in their own house and hate the day they let us in.

Advertisement
Shula had a love/hate relationship with the original Phins owner Joe Robbie. Robbie left personnel decisions to Shula, but was a tight-*** with the money. Robbie was in constant conflict with the City of Miami - who owned the OB. When Robbie's sons got involved is when the idea of building their own stadium evolved because the city wouldn't spend the money to upgrade the OB. So the Robbie's pretty much said "fu** you", we'll build our own new stadium. And you hit the nail on the head GH - the Dolphins had also become second fiddle to the Canes and wanted to try and create a new identity by getting away from the OB.

They will hate those checks too. Back in early 70’s, the fins owned greatness. The OB was a death trap to opponents. Along comes the Canes to reclaim their house and take top billing. Fins became second fiddle. What pro team carries the water bucket to the local college team? They hated that to the bone. This season we took the Rock for our own on the ND night. It has never seen a night like that. Th e Fins never had a game like that in that stadium. They will be second fiddle in their own house and hate the day they let us in.

This.

That Notre Dame Game was the Leper’s Bell for Dolphins “ownership” of their own house. They have mismanaged their local area to the point that peop,e love the Canes and the Heat more than they do the Fish.

It didn’t have to be.

The Cleveland Canes.
Thats some funny ****.

The only team that seems to go after just as many Canes as Cleveland is the Jacksonville Jaguars. Last year Jax had a good season, but prior to last year, I thought it was a conspiracy that our players kept getting drafted by the worst two teams in the NFL.

Advertisement
Dolphins have had their share of Canes on the team over the years. Just weren't our better guys.

Remember we took Vernon Carey in the first round back in '04? Didn't work out so well. Other former Canes I recall on Miami (not necessarily drafted by the Fins) within the last 25 years are Lamar Thomas, Twan Russell, now Frank Gore, Rashawn Scott, Tommy Streeter, Tracy Howard, Malcolm Lewis, etc. If anything, we're just now seeing the Dolphins give Canes shots on the practice squad. There was a long stretch in the early 2000's when the Dolphins seemed to avoid Canes like the plague. And obviously Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon were in the mix.

One of the defensive staff (desperate for depth) must have lied to Gase and told him he was from the Miami in Oxford, Ohio, so Midwest to West-biased Gase would let them sign him.

This Gase experiment won't end well...

Advertisement
Back