Anthony Mack commits

Advertisement
I think he has a decent shot at the waiver. He couldn't play at Wyoming because the high elevation there made him sick.

Transferring to a school at sea level like Miami should help show his issue is legit.

Then again, this is the NCAA's decision so we're probably screwed

I think he has a decent shot at the waiver. He couldn't play at Wyoming because the high elevation there made him sick.

Transferring to a school at sea level like Miami should help show his issue is legit.

Then again, this is the NCAA's decision so we're probably screwed
He redshirted last year so I think he should be good

I don't think the redshirt will have anything to do with him getting a waiver. If he gets it, it will be for the reason RichtShow stated. Sitting out at Wyoming has nothing to do with Miami eligibility. Saw another report referring to concussion issues as reason he didn't play. Wonder which medical explanation is correct here?

Good sized wing at 6'6 215 or so. Wonder if he rebounds?

Advertisement
“Coach [Jim] Larrañaga is obviously one of the top coaches in the NCAA,” he added. “The area, the playing style, the teammates I’m going to have. Deng [Gak] was my high school teammate. I felt welcomed in like a family and they have a great fan base.”

:noidea:

“Coach [Jim] Larrañaga is obviously one of the top coaches in the NCAA,” he added. “The area, the playing style, the teammates I’m going to have. Deng [Gak] was my high school teammate. I felt welcomed in like a family and they have a great fan base.”

Better than Wyoming

Advertisement
This is good, and looking at their schedule, they were announcing 4-4,500 fans per game, so, yes, we have a good fan base.

Advertisement

There are only 4-4,500 people who live in Wyoming. So percentage wise, that's a great fan base.
Good point. I've been to Laramie (population 27,000) and I'd bet that 80% of their attendance is students. Do we have a core of 3000 students at the Watsco every game?

Advertisement
Knockdown guy from 3 according to that video. Doesn't seem like the most athletic guy, but he seems to be more of a heady player who gets the job done (which is actually good, given the other parts we have on the team - need a more steady/cerebral player). Having guys like this will help you on D, and will help avoid offensive droughts. Good length, always in the right spot trying to make the right play.

I'm on the fence about how he drives to the rim. He did okay against the comp in the video, but I don't know if the tools he showed in the video will help him to finish in the ACC around the rim. This may be another DJ Vasiljevic situation where he has to develop that a little more to play in a league like the ACC consistently. Size comparison doesn't match DJ (more like Amp), but his game is more similar to DJ's.

All in all, good pickup.

If his Villanova offer is legit, I'm good. And, I still need proof that Wyoming actually exists, and isn't a government tax write off.

Advertisement
Back