Anthony Jones reaffirms to FIU ??

904Cane

Freshman
Per rivals...

When did you decide to end the recruiting process?

"Today, I just felt it was the right time to end it and make it official."

What was it about FIU that made you end the process?

"I just felt better and at home at FIU."

Anything specific about FIU that you can point out that helped make your decision easier?

"They need playmakers out there and I feel like I can go there like T.Y. Hilton did and do big things from day one. I also get to go to a school with my friends that I grew up with, Olin Cushion, Fermin Silva, and Maurice Alexander "

How hard was Miami trying to flip you?

"They tried real hard to flip me but in the end I did what's best for me."

Are you an early enrollee and when do you report?

"Yes I am. I report this Friday. I can't wait. "

Describe your game to FIU fans.

"Just get me the ball and I can make things happen at any time. I am a play maker."

Do you have a message for FIU fans.

"I am looking to come in a make big things happen."

**Jones played WR, RB, and Kick Returner for his high school team**

**Jones is coming in as an Athlete**

**His finalist were FIU, Miami, and UCF**

Advertisement
**** this staff is being held hostage by Jordan scarlett who isn't even an early enrollee. So now that is a 3rd player who staff would not take because Scarlett only wants two backs in the class. Yet at FSU he would be behind a few backs and UF will bring in a ton of RB's.

UM could have had Jones and Williams on campus this week an Julius this may. But now if/when Scarlett flips to FSU or UF Miami will be left recruiting the Plan D team to pair with Walton who is not built to be a feature back nor is Yearby. Were as Jones you could pack 20lbs on easily and now you have a 220lb power back with good vision and decent speed. That more importantly has very good hands coming out of backfield for Kaaya to use as a check down.

Go Canes

Scarlett is elite. Williams is very, very good.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd take Scarlett every time. I think he sticks.

It is all a game now. Learn how to play it or GTFOH. We have not played the game very well the last several years and the results show.

Advertisement
As long as they hold Scarlett and Walton, it's as good of a haul as we have had at RB in a long time. Lots can happen good and bad over the next 4 weeks.

This is the state of our Football Program, when we're chasing this kid to replace one of the top recruits we lost... What Happens? We lose Jones as well... Golden is no salesman, he's not a Head Coach, what is he? Way Over His Head, trying to resurrect our Football Team... This looks to be possibly Golden's worst recruiting class except for his 1st year (which was understandable)...

To think this class started out so Promising, and how many commitments have backed out? How hard is it to sell Kaaya to a skilled offensive player? These kids know that The U will play Freshman skilled players, but they don't want to play for Golden (I personally don't think Coley's the problem) it's the Fat Guy Wearing the Orange Tie on the sidelines...

Advertisement
Kid wasn't coming because Phillips didnt come, trust me if Phillips signed with us, Jones would have followed #facts

This is the state of our Football Program, when we're chasing this kid to replace one of the top recruits we lost... What Happens? We lose Jones as well... Golden is no salesman, he's not a Head Coach, what is he? Way Over His Head, trying to resurrect our Football Team... This looks to be possibly Golden's worst recruiting class except for his 1st year (which was understandable)...

To think this class started out so Promising, and how many commitments have backed out? How hard is it to sell Kaaya to a skilled offensive player? These kids know that The U will play Freshman skilled players, but they don't want to play for Golden (I personally don't think Coley's the problem) it's the Fat Guy Wearing the Orange Tie on the sidelines...

6-7 in year 4 after selling hope and improvement for 4 years will destroy recruiting.

Doesn't make much sense since Phillips committed to FSU? Either way they're not playing together

Jones might be wanting to escape the Miami gangs too. That's about the only reason I can think of why we couldn't flip him from FIU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back