2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Okay this was mean I’m sorry. @RVACane ban me for like 3 days
792FCE86-A6AF-4530-98BC-5B5F7F31F829.gif

Advertisement
I respect gaby but man he’s years away from being good at his job. He needs to sit it out when the big boys are playing.
If I was Mario, I’d hire you to work the state of Texas (including and specially the Houston area).

Texas and aTm have been stealing some studs from the state of Florida, and we haven’t retaliated yet. Baxter and Shemar have both been big losses on the trail, as well as a kid like Yulkeith. Gotta start making them defend their turf.

I hope that Mario has a plan to correct this.

Advertisement
I personally don't care who was right. The more important part is Frank Tucker looks even more like an imbecile. We can take some solace in the fact he has lost some credibility.
I don't know if journalists (if we can call them that these days) care anymore about credibility. Their profession used to have standards, but now it's about being first facts be damned. What will happen to Tucker after this episode? He might see a commission bump from Rivals or whoever for bringing more traffic to their site. He will probably never address his "mistake", and be at the Florida state championships this weekend and everything will be forgotten.

I don't think credibility matters anymore unfortunately, because recruitniks will follow and read whoever they think is tied into recruiting and wait with bated breathe for the next possible, maybe or maybe not morsel of something that might be closely resemble recruiting news.

Well of course I understand that's Texas's point of view, but I'm talking about Hill's. If I'm Hill, who cares if they feel threatened - that's good for me, make them want me more. The way this ended just makes me doubt the strength of his interest in Miami.
I'm with you on this. I get it that the last thing Texas wanted was for Hill to visit Miami and that was probably our only shot of getting him. I get it that the leak alerted Texas and they probably upped the bag last night. I also get the trust part of it that maybe Hill didn't want it to get out. The part i dont really understand is why not visit Miami IF you are truly interested? If im in Hills position as the top high school linebacker in the country and i wanted to visit another school i would take that visit. What's Texas going to do? Pull the offer of the top linebacker in the country? lol. He could go anywhere in the country! Unless trust was the issue and the leak yesterday abused that trust. That's the one thing that i would respect the kid for. That would also leave me to want to kick Gary Fermin in the nuts!

I don't know if journalists (if we can call them that these days) care anymore about credibility. Their profession used to have standards, but now it's about being first facts be damned. What will happen to Tucker after this episode? He might see a commission bump from Rivals or whoever for bringing more traffic to their site. He will probably never address his "mistake", and be at the Florida state championships this weekend and everything will be forgotten.

I don't think credibility matters anymore unfortunately, because recruitniks will follow and read whoever they think is tied into recruiting and wait with bated breathe for the next possible, maybe or maybe not morsel of something that might be closely resemble recruiting news.
calling them journalists as they cover recruiting is a stretch. this is just a start up gig to break into media. theyre not staying doing this low level crap.

Advertisement
If I was Mario, I’d hire you to work the state of Texas (including and specially the Houston area).

Texas and aTm have been stealing some studs from the state of Florida, and we haven’t retaliated yet. Baxter and Shemar have both been big losses on the trail, as well as a kid like Yulkeith. Gotta start making them defend their turf.

I hope that Mario has a plan to correct this.
He’s making a concerned effort to get Texas kids in the program. Usually when Mario tries he succeeds. Just will take time

Here's some interesting stuff, Hill was committed to Texas almost a week ago, his 'visit' was always leverage and the fact it was supposed to be 'silent' is hilarious.
This sounds a lot like Cormani visiting Bama. In today’s world of NIL, I can’t blame kids/families for squeezing a little more money out of a school to stop a “visit”.

Cannot happen, even with our class being as good as it is. We need minimum 1 top 150 kid out of Texas each cycle.

FWIW...also looks like the TE Mikesha is about to flip to USC (Gamecocks). Visiting them this weekend
No problem, we have the top 5 TE last year from Oregon who is in the Portal and might visit.

Advertisement
This sounds a lot like Cormani visiting Bama. In today’s world of NIL, I can’t blame kids/families for squeezing a little more money out of a school to stop a “visit”.
The Cormani stuff was straight BS, all of it. Theres a reason I kept saying I wasn’t worried when all the subscription sites were selling FUD. There was never an I home visit. He was never making a visit , thinking about a visit or even flirting with Bama. Even if he wanted to there was no time to do it. T Rob came to his school trying to talk with him and was rejected. Tried to set up a in home , once again rejected. After all that didn’t work he called his home telling them DVD was going to USF for an on field role. Yes , they were that desperate. Mario nipped that bs in the bud and T Rob had to drag his *** back to Tuscaloosa a loser. Everyone thinks they have it all figured out but actually have no clue how things work with this stuff.

He’s making a concerned effort to get Texas kids in the program. Usually when Mario tries he succeeds. Just will take time

He knows first hand what kind of player is from those dallas/houston areas since he played with some dawgs from those areas, especially dallas.

Dallas and houston are probably the closest metro areas to sofla in terms of football culture and the type of kid that come from those places.

Advertisement
The Cormani stuff was straight BS, all of it. Theres a reason I kept saying I wasn’t worried when all the subscription sites were selling FUD. There was never an I home visit. He was never making a visit , thinking about a visit or even flirting with Bama. Even if he wanted to there was no time to do it. T Rob came to his school trying to talk with him and was rejected. Tried to set up a in home , once again rejected. After all that didn’t work he called his home telling them DVD was going to USF for an on field role. Yes , they were that desperate. Mario nipped that bs in the bud and T Rob had to drag his *** back to Tuscaloosa a loser. Everyone thinks they have it all figured out but actually have no clue how things work with this stuff.
Great behind the scenes info. Thank you.

If Hill was interested to the point he would commit to UM, nothing should’ve stopped him from visiting. He can get a “bag” anywhere.

And it’s clear there’s a leak on the UM side that needs to be addressed.
If staffs and kids want to keep things quiet it must be for a reason. Trust alone goes a long ways , which is why we landed Mcclain. He was coming to UM for a good minute and nobody had a clue. Yet UF was blabbering it everywhere like he was a silent. That explains all the cb’s for CM to UF. Just like a nother recruit right now.

Last edited:
Fvck t-Robb. Glad Mario slapped his *** back to Tuscaloosa

So was Bama using the media on that one? Feeding info about DVD to USF, visiting the school etc to shake things up. Just curious if the game goes that deep

Advertisement
Back