2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

That's something I can vouch for. Houston area dudes and P.A./Beaumont dudes definitely fucc with The U, especially the Black communities there. We usually pull elite prospects there when we apply ourselves there. Who was the last 5 star OL we signed(not let out of initial LOI then signed) and where was he from? I'll never **** on Flagg because he's a Cane, he busts his ***, and it ain't his fault the last bozos couldn't recruit and develop better. I think we'd appreciate him more in the reserve role he'll likely wind up in if he stays here. But it's a got**** shame that we couldn't pull better prospects outta Harris County than him. We can stop singing the Sam Cooke classic cuz the change has come...
Ain’t nothing wrong with saying this tho!! They don’t even realize they killing a die hard cane

Advertisement
That’s why I wish Miami recruited Houston more. I became a Miami fan when a teammate was being recruited in 2000 (John Sqaure). There’s no deep alliances to UT or A&M. I feel Houston kids won’t have issues adapting to Miami.
You from Yellowstone fam??

He did himself a disservice with the level of success he had at Louisville by the next job/promotion being to take the HC job at Texas.
I get why he took it but if he parlays that job into the UF job or something instead, he likely has a very different career. He had Louisville on the map without a transcendant QB too.

Ain’t nothing wrong with saying this tho!! They don’t even realize they killing a die hard cane
Yup and despite what you read here, the kid has made his share of plays. I for one, am not gonna write him off. He's a smart, instinctual kid and can end up benefitting as much as anyone from the wholesale changes underway in Gables. That said, the time to raid that H-Tine/Galveston/ P.A./Beaumont radius for big-timers is right now...

Advertisement
Can anyone share?

LAS VEGAS — Five-star Denton (Tex.) Ryan linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. carefully whittled his list of suitors down to six earlier this month.

The nation’s No. 1-ranked linebacker in the On3 Consensus has visited four of his top six, including Texas, Texas A&M, USC and Oklahoma. He’ll be at Alabama for A-Day this spring and is working on a trip to Miami after Mario Cristobal phoned Hill and compelled him to stick the Hurricanes in this group.

“These are the six schools I’ve developed the best connection to,” Hill told On3. “It’s the most communication and the schools I’ve been to and that I’ve been liking.”

Cristobal and Hill’s father both have roots in South Florida. Miami is expected to host the five-star linebacker this offseason.

“The day before I dropped my top schools he called me,” Hill said of Cristobal. “He heard I was dropping my top schools and he wanted to talk to me and told me to give them a chance. I want to see more when I’m down there, but Cristobal is cool. He’s down to earth and grew up in the same area as my dad, so that was a cool connection.”

The five-star rocked USC gloves during Sunday’s championship bracket. Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch are familair with Hill dating back to their Oklahoma days.

“It’s been a little different since they got to USC,” he said. “They’re doing some stuff differently than they did at Oklahoma. They have the West Coast area now.”

“The culture fits me,” Hill added. “They’re trying to change it around and that’s really big.”

Alabama offered Hill as a freshman and he’ll finally make the trek to Tuscaloosa for the Tide’s spring game.

“I need to get down there,” Hill laughed. “I’ve talked to Coach (Nick) Saban at the school and on the phone, and he’s made it known all the things he can for me and it’s been great outside of football building a bond with him.”

Hill is a top priority for in-state Texas. While Steve Sarkisian has maintained an active role in the linebacker’s recruitment, new staff addition Tashard Choice has provided the Horns with added juice.

“It’s constant contact and that’s really a key and it’s really important,” Hill said. “Coach Sark and Coach Choice, he’s really cool. We grew up in the same area of Texas, so it’s cool to have the same sort of language and he’s easy to talk to.”

Hill returned to Texas A&M in January. The sights and sounds are familiar as his relationship continues to grow with this staff.

“We’re not even talking about football. It’s a personal level,” the No. 13-ranked player in the On3 Consensus said. “It’s a little bit scheme, but I’ve been there a lot so I know it well. I’ve been talking to the players and being around them, seeing what they think of the coaches and getting what they really think.”

Hill was also back in Norman, this time with defensive-minded Brent Venables at the helm. He’s quickly connecting with several coaches of the staff, including Venables and coordinator Ted Roof.

“It’s a lot when they show me what he produced and what he can do for me,” Hill said of Venables. “He’s down to earth and the type of things he does to work with his players. Also, talking to Coach Roof and building a bond with the coaches at the basketball game. They’re down to earth and they’ve produced so many talented players.”

LAS VEGAS — Five-star Denton (Tex.) Ryan linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. carefully whittled his list of suitors down to six earlier this month.

The nation’s No. 1-ranked linebacker in the On3 Consensus has visited four of his top six, including Texas, Texas A&M, USC and Oklahoma. He’ll be at Alabama for A-Day this spring and is working on a trip to Miami after Mario Cristobal phoned Hill and compelled him to stick the Hurricanes in this group.

“These are the six schools I’ve developed the best connection to,” Hill told On3. “It’s the most communication and the schools I’ve been to and that I’ve been liking.”

Cristobal and Hill’s father both have roots in South Florida. Miami is expected to host the five-star linebacker this offseason.

“The day before I dropped my top schools he called me,” Hill said of Cristobal. “He heard I was dropping my top schools and he wanted to talk to me and told me to give them a chance. I want to see more when I’m down there, but Cristobal is cool. He’s down to earth and grew up in the same area as my dad, so that was a cool connection.”

The five-star rocked USC gloves during Sunday’s championship bracket. Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch are familair with Hill dating back to their Oklahoma days.

“It’s been a little different since they got to USC,” he said. “They’re doing some stuff differently than they did at Oklahoma. They have the West Coast area now.”

“The culture fits me,” Hill added. “They’re trying to change it around and that’s really big.”

Alabama offered Hill as a freshman and he’ll finally make the trek to Tuscaloosa for the Tide’s spring game.

“I need to get down there,” Hill laughed. “I’ve talked to Coach (Nick) Saban at the school and on the phone, and he’s made it known all the things he can for me and it’s been great outside of football building a bond with him.”

Hill is a top priority for in-state Texas. While Steve Sarkisian has maintained an active role in the linebacker’s recruitment, new staff addition Tashard Choice has provided the Horns with added juice.

“It’s constant contact and that’s really a key and it’s really important,” Hill said. “Coach Sark and Coach Choice, he’s really cool. We grew up in the same area of Texas, so it’s cool to have the same sort of language and he’s easy to talk to.”

Hill returned to Texas A&M in January. The sights and sounds are familiar as his relationship continues to grow with this staff.

“We’re not even talking about football. It’s a personal level,” the No. 13-ranked player in the On3 Consensus said. “It’s a little bit scheme, but I’ve been there a lot so I know it well. I’ve been talking to the players and being around them, seeing what they think of the coaches and getting what they really think.”

Hill was also back in Norman, this time with defensive-minded Brent Venables at the helm. He’s quickly connecting with several coaches of the staff, including Venables and coordinator Ted Roof.

“It’s a lot when they show me what he produced and what he can do for me,” Hill said of Venables. “He’s down to earth and the type of things he does to work with his players. Also, talking to Coach Roof and building a bond with the coaches at the basketball game. They’re down to earth and they’ve produced so many talented players.”

Salute to you brotha’.

Advertisement

Gotta knock our visit out the park to have any real semblance of a chance

Don’t think he leaves the state, but don’t tell Mario that.

This would be a more impressive pull than thibideaux to me. I think it is easier to get an elite kid from California to Oregon when USC is down than it is from Texas to Miami in the current recruiting climate. If he can reel this guy in, nobody should be considered out of the question moving forward, NIL considerations included.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If the bag's big enough we'll win. ****, I'll even go as far as saying if the bag is comparable, we'll win. I really think all the ingredients are in place to pluck this kid. He's already somewhat indoctrinated thanks to Senior. Family ties can play in our favor here, like they did with Arroyo. Distance shouldn't be a major factor as he has roots here. Tons of opportunity here. Is there a more wide open position group at a name-brand P5 in America? Mario, Steele with his NON-GIMMICKY LEGIT pedigree, The New Triple C's(Columbus Cuban Cartel). I won't be surprised if he's a Cane when the dust settles...
I can ride with this.

Advertisement
Back