2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Advertisement
He’s not very interested in the Texas schools at this point.. they’ll make his top schools naturally but I’m usually not the optimistic guy.. but we got a great shot
A350688B-22CD-46CB-A728-AF52A5B8A6D5.gif

Honest question, does the state of Texas respect or like Charlie?

I know HS coaches hated Tom Herman, or so I heard.

Whats Charlie's rep there? I know the boosters didn't give him much leeway.
We (the black people) saw UT’s bull**** a mile away.. not trying to make it a race thing but they didn’t offer him the same leeway they did others. He’s more than good in Texas..

Advertisement
It’s not so much the state, it’s the individual that matters...

Charlie Strong can recruit Ant Hill & his Dad & given the fact he’s originally from South FL he can sell his success in recruiting FL LB’s to Texas & sell his success in recruiting at UF & Louisville, meaning, he can get them to see that leaving Texas & coming back home to Miami isn’t a bad thing at all for his career.
Why you facepalm this response? Lol @htownkidd

Why you facepalm this response? Lol @htownkidd

Mistake. Meant to simply like, didn’t even notice until you mentioned it lol. My bad.

I also think the Hermann and TX coaches stuff is a tad overblown. I’m sure some were bigger fans of him than others which is no different than any coach in any state. Bottomline, Hermann recruited very well while at UT, so he wasn’t that disliked.

Mistake. Meant to simply like, didn’t even notice until you mentioned it lol. My bad.

I also think the Hermann and TX coaches stuff is a tad overblown. I’m sure some were bigger fans of him than others which is no different than any coach in any state. Bottomline, Hermann recruited very well while at UT, so he wasn’t that disliked.
Thats true. Herman was raking in elite classes at Texas. Top 5 level classes.

I noticed Charlie was in the 15-20 range at Texas.

Either way, we got him as a LB coach which is amazing.

Advertisement
UT always been on that bull****. VY jump started them and they ****ed it up after that.

ALWAYS
They signed 3 kids from my HS in one class back in 2018. That was first time in my life I really took an interest to UT because I wanted to see those kids thrive. Aint **** changed there though. Sark is on a short leash this season after they saw all the big $ tossed around this off season in the coaching cycle. They will not sit on their hands but nothing will change until some really deep changes are made.

Advertisement
ALWAYS
They signed 3 kids from my HS in one class back in 2018. That was first time in my life I really took an interest to UT because I wanted to see those kids thrive. Aint **** changed there though. Sark is on a short leash this season after they saw all the big $ tossed around this off season in the coaching cycle. They will not sit on their hands but nothing will change until some really deep changes are made.

That’s why I wish Miami recruited Houston more. I became a Miami fan when a teammate was being recruited in 2000 (John Sqaure). There’s no deep alliances to UT or A&M. I feel Houston kids won’t have issues adapting to Miami.

That’s why I wish Miami recruited Houston more. I became a Miami fan when a teammate was being recruited in 2000 (John Sqaure). There’s no deep alliances to UT or A&M. I feel Houston kids won’t have issues adapting to Miami.

Ahhh..
So the YST is Yellowstone? Half my fam went to JY. I am real cool with Damion Square, we are around same age. I grew up off Scott & Wentworth but went to Lamar. Agree with you on UM and Houston though. Many of us on this board have been screaming for that for a while. So much UM love here.

Ahhh..
So the YST is Yellowstone? Half my fam went to JY. I am real cool with Damion Square, we are around same age. I grew up off Scott & Wentworth but went to Lamar. Agree with you on UM and Houston though. Many of us on this board have been screaming for that for a while. So much UM love here.

Yes Sir! I’m Killa Cane on RCT. I think I have you on my Facebook. There’s a ridiculous amount of talent here and it’s growing with all the middle aged HISD parents moving to the suburbs. I live in Manvel and my kids have no idea how Yellowstone/Third Ward is.

Advertisement
Yes Sir! I’m Killa Cane on RCT. I think I have you on my Facebook. There’s a ridiculous amount of talent here and it’s growing with all the middle aged HISD parents moving to the suburbs. I live in Manvel and my kids have no idea how Yellowstone/Third Ward is.

Oh yeah big dawg, we good lol 🤝🤝.

Ahhh..
That's something I can vouch for. Houston area dudes and P.A./Beaumont dudes definitely fucc with The U, especially the Black communities there. We usually pull elite prospects there when we apply ourselves there. Who was the last 5 star OL we signed(not let out of initial LOI then signed) and where was he from? I'll never **** on Flagg because he's a Cane, he busts his ***, and it ain't his fault the last bozos couldn't recruit and develop better. I think we'd appreciate him more in the reserve role he'll likely wind up in if he stays here. But it's a got**** shame that we couldn't pull better prospects outta Harris County than him. We can stop singing the Sam Cooke classic cuz the change has come...

Honest question, does the state of Texas respect or like Charlie?

I know HS coaches hated Tom Herman, or so I heard.

Whats Charlie's rep there? I know the boosters didn't give him much leeway.
Let's all keep it a buck on this Univ of Texas/Charlie Strong talk.

He was NEVER going to be successful there nor given much time to build the program to his liking.

Simply put: Charlie Strong as HC at UT is likened to Charlie Strong taking the HC job at the University of Alabama. Coming on board as an analyst, yes...as a position coach, yes....as a Coordinator, yes....but as the Head Coach, no, just simply not going to work. It wasn't a good fit and never was going to be a good fit.

He did himself a disservice with the level of success he had at Louisville by the next job/promotion being to take the HC job at Texas.

We (the black people) saw UT’s bull**** a mile away.. not trying to make it a race thing but they didn’t offer him the same leeway they did others. He’s more than good in Texas..
I'm glad his face is good in Texas. That other stuff, iiwii....just glad he's with us now.

Advertisement
Back