2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

I get the comp and I think we can get this kid but if you know nothing about Louisiana LC is in the state yes, but it’s more like Texas than anything compared to the rest of the Louisiana lol you find a lot of UT and UH fans in LC outside of mcneese
I went to school in Grambling fam. Ran track there and cross country. I visited almost every part of the state. When i said we had a chance with Citizen man said we never got anyone good from Louisiana, they didn't say LC. I said its cuz we had bum staffs before. Same thing applies to Texas. Its difficult to out recruit well run instate programs, not impossible.

Advertisement
I went to school in Grambling fam. Ran track there and cross country. I visited almost every part of the state. When i said we had a chance with Citizen man said we never got anyone good from Louisiana, they didn't say LC. I said its cuz we had bum staffs before. Same thing applies to Texas. Its difficult to out recruit well run instate programs, not impossible.
No doubt!! Gram was super dope when I visited. My brother just finished up at la tech and then my older cousin ran there from 2011-2014

No doubt!! Gram was super dope when I visited. My brother just finished up at la tech and then my older cousin ran there from 2011-2014
Nice. One of my friends went to LA Tech and i think he coaches throwers there now. He was an olympian in the discuss. Your cousin got there like 3 years after i left. Track was fun going all over the state and the country. Seeing new places.

Advertisement
Ryan is literally one of the 10 best teams in the Nation on an annual basis, their competition is as good as anybody’s, actually better than most teams in South FL at 5A.

They play schools like Longview, Guyer, Denton, Lone Star, Frisco, Independence (Where we got Elijah Arroyo from), Wakeland & Centennial. It’s the North of Dallas region up by Flower Mound & Lewisville (which are also two very good TX schools), a TON of 4/5-star talent comes out of that region every year, especially from Ryan.

But this kid had 131tcks 18TFL’s 8 sacks & 2INT’s last year, he’s got really good 4.5 speed, can hit like a ****** bulldozer lowering his shoulder & dialing in on his target, he plays with really good Football IQ identifying with good pursuit getting after the ball carrier & has versatility being able to play Mike or Will backer in a 4-3/4-2-5 scheme. Some have projected him to even being an OLB in a 3-4 which is what most of the SEC schools would move him to, but IMO this kid would be an Elite Mike LB in our system.

My comp for him is Kenneth Murray.

I’m guessing TAMU, Texas & Bama have the lead right now, but Mario & Kevin Steele give us a good chance at him.
Agreed. I could easily see Hill at OLB in a 3-4 or at Mike or Will in our 4-3 scheme. No doubt Hill could be a force at Mike but I actually like him better at Will. Matter of perspective I guess. The bottom line is that this kid is a monster and this is the type of talent that we should be recruiting/pulling every year.

Nothing against Corey Flagg but I never understood the offer. We were recruiting like we were Duke with offers like that. Recruiting players like Anthony Hill is what we should be doing and should have been doing but that is tough to do when your administration isn't putting money into football and your AD could care less. I am so thankful and excited that those days are over!

With Mario Cristobal and the staff we are putting together, we will have this roster up to snuff in very short order.

Last edited:
Agreed. I could easily see Hill at OLB in a 3-4 or at Mike or Will in our 4-3 scheme. No doubt Hill could be a force at Mike but I actually like him better at Will. Matter of perspective I guess. The bottom line is that this kid is a monster and this is the type of talent that we should be recruiting/pulling every year.

Nothing against Corey Flagg but I never understood the offer. We were recruiting like we were Duke with offers like that. Recruiting players like Anthony Hill is what we should be doing and should have been doing but that is tough to do when your administration isn't putting money into football and your AD could care less. I am so thankful and excited that those days are over!

With Mario Cristobal and the staff we are putting together, we will have this roster up to snuff in very short order.
We’ve recruited s*** LBs for the last 5-6 years. The last LB I actually liked was Shaq Quarterman. We now have one of the best staffs in the entire nation/by far the best in the ACC. I look forward to seeing our roster talent & depth get better.

We’ve recruited s*** LBs for the last 5-6 years. The last LB I actually liked was Shaq Quarterman. We now have one of the best staffs in the entire nation/by far the best in the ACC. I look forward to seeing our roster talent & depth get better.
How does our staff compare to Clemson? I know very little about Clemon's staff

They lost both coordinators and i think they promoted from within. On resume ours Coordinators are better. Position coaches, no info. But i love pretty much all ours

Advertisement
I get the comp and I think we can get this kid but if you know nothing about Louisiana LC is in the state yes, but it’s more like Texas than anything compared to the rest of the Louisiana lol you find a lot of UT and UH fans in LC outside of mcneese

Of course it’s not far from Beaumont and P.A.

I mean Dabo is great. But he lost Vennables so that’s a big blow to them. We have Gattis who’s one of the best OCs in the Nation and Mario who is arguably the best recruiter in the nation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We just got Charlie Strong, former Texas HC...

usain-bolt_meme_come-join-us_lt_1_0.gif

Advertisement
Back