I'll give you an analogy of what you're saying:

Wide Receiver X: 6'1, 210 lbs, 4.65
2011: 50 rec, 500 yds, 4 TD
2012: 45 rec, 525 yds, 5 TD
2013: 54 rec, 640 yds, 4 TD

Wide Receiver Y: 5'11, 195 lbs, 4.39
2012: 13 rec, 250 yds, 3 TD
2013: 62 rec, 1,282 yds, 12 TD

X played in the ACC and Y played in the SEC on a team that played in the national championship…if you had to bet which player gets drafted higher, which would you pick? X has produced more over his career, but Y had by far the best senior year.

Advertisement
He is not explosive enough as a pass rushing DE for the NFL.

You can blame his lack of development on the coaching staff if you want to, but I think he was more of a finished product before he arrived here.

Chick came in at 230. He's over 280 now. Finished product my ***.

Edit: And somehow his sack numbers have decreased each season he's been here along with his TFL staying virtually the same from his freshman season to junior season.

Chickillo weighed in at 248 his freshman year..

Chick is 100% true Cane and no reason to hate on him, oh, oh forgot the board has haters no matter what.

Not sure what the confusion here is.... 3-4 End, mid 4th to early 5th round unless he somehow blows up this year. Great motor & has had pretty healthy collegiate career. He's done what he's been asked to do.

Advertisement
LOL @ Chick being double-teamed. You guys will just make **** up to suit your argument. Ain't nobody double-teaming his ***. SMH

Is he gonna get drafted? Maybe. But based on what? His production is underwhelming and so are his measureables.

What position is he gonna play in the NFL? He's not explosive enough for 4-3 DE and he's still too small for 3-4 DE. Not heavy enough or long enough. Allen Bailey's measureables **** on Chickillo's and he barely gets PT.

I doubt he even gets a sniff at being drafted unless he destroys the combine

Last edited:
Chickillo is very similar to that Paul Kruger kid that came out of Utah a few years back. They are almost identical height weight and playing style.

Granted Kruger was a bit better at getting to the QB.

Chick will get drafted.

LOL @ Chick being double-teamed. You guys will just make **** up to suit your argument. Ain't nobody double-teaming his ***. SMH

Is he gonna get drafted? Maybe. But based on what? His production is underwhelming and so are his measureables.

What position is he gonna play in the NFL? He's not explosive enough for 4-3 DE and he's still too small for 3-4 DE. Not heavy enough or long enough. Allen Bailey's measureables **** on Chickillo's and he barely gets PT.

Bailey: 6'3" 288lbs
Chickillo: 6'4" 277lbs

Other DE's on KC's roster:
Mike Catapano 6'4" 270lbs
Mike DeVito 6'03" 305lbs

The rest of the guys on the roster are LB/DE's and smaller.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster.html

Advertisement

The internet is great. What a simple search will bring up........

"He played his first two seasons as a young, undersized, high-profile end who was constantly double-teamed on a raw, deficient defense still learning the system."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/25/3648825/canes-de-anthony-chickillo-going.html#storylink=cpy

AND

As a true junior, he's already received a 4th / 5th round draft projection. Having an improved senior year will only improve that.

"Chickillo, also 21, received a fourth-fifth round projection, according to someone familiar with his situation."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/08/3857195/miami-hurricanes-denzel-perryman.html#storylink=cpy

Chick is 100% true Cane and no reason to hate on him, oh, oh forgot the board has haters no matter what.

I love the effort the kid plays with and the heart he has shown, he just got too big and lost some explosiveness. He should lose a little weight or move inside.

@Chickillo71 Thank you to my man man @tmphd74 for always having a plan to help me reach my goal weight #ThankUMonday

ThankUMondy is the gayest **** yet with regards to this program.

It ranks pretty low on the list of things for me to complain about. Player wants to thank the PhD from the U for helping him or his mom or jesus --- the **** do I care?

I don't get this whole conversation....maybe because I hate twitter.

Advertisement

The internet is great. What a simple search will bring up........

"He played his first two seasons as a young, undersized, high-profile end who was constantly double-teamed on a raw, deficient defense still learning the system."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/25/3648825/canes-de-anthony-chickillo-going.html#storylink=cpy

AND

As a true junior, he's already received a 4th / 5th round draft projection. Having an improved senior year will only improve that.

"Chickillo, also 21, received a fourth-fifth round projection, according to someone familiar with his situation."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/08/3857195/miami-hurricanes-denzel-perryman.html#storylink=cpy

LOL @ citing that garbage.

Advertisement
Back