Anthony Chickillo being undrafted by 5th round is a Crime

Advertisement
image.jpggoldens response...

Advertisement
Bad fit for chick

CBS Sports.com says;

Anthony Chickillo | DE, Miami (Fla.)Height: 6-3 Weight: 267 Miscast former 5-star high school player at Miami. Played too heavy, lost weight and had a great combine. He has great upside and will get coached up well here.

B+ grade. Mayock and Davis commented T C will be a very good ST & Sub Package player. Claim Pitt is a perfect fit for him.

Everyone knows this. I would not let Al Golden mow my lawn. He would eff it up.

Chic to a pure 34.... I wonder if he keeps leaning out and plays as a 2 down OLB. I don't see him converting into ~300 pound 4 tech.

Bad fit for chick

CBS Sports.com says;

Anthony Chickillo | DE, Miami (Fla.)Height: 6-3 Weight: 267 Miscast former 5-star high school player at Miami. Played too heavy, lost weight and had a great combine. He has great upside and will get coached up well here.

B+ grade. Mayock and Davis commented T C will be a very good ST & Sub Package player. Claim Pitt is a perfect fit for him.

Everyone knows this. I would not let Al Golden mow my lawn. He would eff it up.

There's talk they might be going 4-3, but playing in a 3-4 would be insane. He was awful in Lb drills at combine, no hips for lb. 4-3 de is his natural spot

Advertisement
Chick improved his foot speed a lot last season. I hope he sticks in the NFL. 6th round was about right for him.

It has nothing to do with scheme. Daniell hunter de from lsu had 1.5 sacks last year and was a 3rd round pick.

The de from ucla was 270 playing in a 3-4 and went 3rd round to the giants.

Go watch film even when they did 1 gap chick was not getting any penetration.

Chick is a high motor guy that maxed out in high school.

Mario edwards at 300lbs was playing 3-4 olb last year and should have been a dt and still went 2nd round.

Don't say this our porsters can't handle the fact that chick is what he is.. A guy who can't hold contain and probably can't rush a passer. Lol and y'all blaming Golden..

Good thing he is up there with Spence

It has nothing to do with scheme. Daniell hunter de from lsu had 1.5 sacks last year and was a 3rd round pick.

The de from ucla was 270 playing in a 3-4 and went 3rd round to the giants.

Go watch film even when they did 1 gap chick was not getting any penetration.

Chick is a high motor guy that maxed out in high school.

Mario edwards at 300lbs was playing 3-4 olb last year and should have been a dt and still went 2nd round.

Scheme does matter , and playing out of position does too . Edwards was awful at olb, got killed by rb's and slot wr. It was obvious he was out if position and gm's knew where his best position was.

Bill polian ( maybe best gm ever) said today that all star games are best way to evaluate guys, especially guys that played out of position. Funny he was talking about chickillo . He also stated a Chick was unblock able that week. Multiple scouts and gm's said chick was asked to put on too much weight , and play out of position.

You mentioned him not getting pressure when he did 1 gap, well he was 280. . Playing 25 pounds over his natural weight. Ironic he was a beast when he got to the all star game, and his body looked completely different

No way your post should have up votes, it's either by Al nut huggers or they're just clueless .

Last edited:
FSU played a base 425. Edwards wasnt an 3-4 OLB. Football IQ is lacking here. Chikillo looked good in a 2nd tier All star game. big deal... he isnt elite as a 4-3 DE, and looked awful as a 3-4 Jack on his pro day workout. Chick is a situational player,which explains his draft position.

Advertisement
He was a beast in a ****** all star game. Not 1 of those o-lineman he played vs in that game was drafted.

He played well vs vt & unc because they had ****** o-lines.

Go look at chick in his career and the only times he got sacks was vs bad lines.

chick was at 250-255 his sophmore year in a 1 gap 4-3 D how many sacks did he have?

FSU played a base 425. Edwards wasnt an 3-4 OLB. Football IQ is lacking here. Chikillo looked good in a 2nd tier All star game. big deal... he isnt elite as a 4-3 DE, and looked awful as a 3-4 Jack on his pro day workout. Chick is a situational player,which explains his draft position.

Fsu is a 3-4 D. Mario edwards was labeled as "jack" which is a 3-4 olb.

They went to a base 4-2-5 under pruitt because they struggled in the 3-4. Fsu runs 3-4, 4-2-5, 2-4-5.

Fsu is a 3-4 D. Mario edwards was labeled as "jack" which is a 3-4 olb.

They went to a base 4-2-5 under pruitt because they struggled in the 3-4. Fsu runs 3-4, 4-2-5, 2-4-5.

This. They started a 3-4 the year they won the national title , Pitt shredded them for a half and they scrapped it. Went back to 4-2-5 for the remainder of the year . Last year they were back in the 3-4, and Edwards was an olb.

Advertisement
He was a beast in a ****ty all star game. Not 1 of those o-lineman he played vs in that game was drafted.

He played well vs vt & unc because they had ****ty o-lines.

Go look at chick in his career and the only times he got sacks was vs bad lines.

chick was at 250-255 his sophmore year in a 1 gap 4-3 D how many sacks did he have?

We were 2 gapping out of a 4-3 that year , wtf are you talking about? It was the same bs just out of a 4-3 base .

Agree with u man. I honestly did not expect anything out go this draft for him, and think he may have actually been drafted high than he should

Advertisement
Back