Anthony Campbell

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
Apologies if this was already answered but do we know why this dude didn’t get any burn today? Figured we’d see him in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
Apologies if this was already answered but do we know why this dude didn’t get any burn today? Figured we’d see him in the 4th quarter.

I always saw him as a project. They might have just wiffed on getting him or develop him more and get him ready for next year.

Advertisement
Use this year to give him big boy program S&C / Nutrition and coaching. Get his weight up and have a legit depth piece next year.
As in Top 4 DT? If you think he can be a top 4 DT next year, that certainly changes things in our depth chart. If it's more like a Top 6 DT, we still have to portal for another - in addition to the Bama DT sticking around.

Portal Starter level
Bama DT Portal
Moten
Horton
Campbell
Young Pups

I know you said in the other thread that you think Bain will stick in the Mesidor role. Could be. I hope they don't stick him there because of need. If he legitimately outgrows the position, we sure could use an impact 3T, too. Of course, I'm for wherever he best fits.

As in Top 4 DT? If you think he can be a top 4 DT next year, that certainly changes things in our depth chart. If it's more like a Top 6 DT, we still have to portal for another - in addition to the Bama DT sticking around.

Portal Starter level
Bama DT Portal
Moten
Horton
Campbell
Young Pups

I know you said in the other thread that you think Bain will stick in the Mesidor role. Could be. I hope they don't stick him there because of need. If he legitimately outgrows the position, we sure could use an impact 3T, too. Of course, I'm for wherever he best fits.

Agreed and this may just be my common sense kicking in but I have seen numerous times in the 3 games this year where Bain lines up at DE and immediately stunts or loops to attack the G/C as if he were a DT. DT play is not my forte but like, if he initially lines up at DE but then attacks as a DT, then I just kind of see him as a DT.

Portal Starter level
Bama DT Portal
Moten
Horton
Campbell
Young Pups

With Campbell I see a a fifth or sixth guy which matters in a long season. Who thought Gore would be logging real minutes? He has a huge frame and massive body, having those guys are nice.

With Bain I could see him sliding inside eventually if it’s a natural progression. I’m not really sure how much more weight you‘d want to add before his quickness is affected. He has a very unique skill set for his size / height.

Next year I like the Mesidor role because he has that size and I like guys like him that are a menace on early downs then slide inside to cause more havoc. A 280-285 pound SDE that can be moved all over. Almost position-less.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back