Anthony Campbell, Transfer ULM, DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor mans Olsen Pierre
There's a blast from the not-to-distant past. Staff member at school he's portaling from is surprised Miami's looking at him. Welp, visit can't hurt. Meantime, scour any and all grad-transfer options.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Poor mans Olsen Pierre
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

The kid has great size and he can definitely move. The clips I saw show that he has the ability to play at a high level so it begs the question of why he wasn't more productive. Was it scheme? Was it coaching? Was it laziness? Was it lack of work ethic? I'm not sure but he's certainly a take IMO. You can't teach size and athletic ability.

The kid has great size and he can definitely move. The clips I saw show that he has the ability to play at a high level so it begs the question of why he wasn't more productive. Was it scheme? Was it coaching? Was it laziness? Was it lack of work ethic? I'm not sure but he's certainly a take IMO. You can't teach size and athletic ability.
Kid has NFL physical size and traits yet he’s played 2 years at JUCO and 2 years on a bad G5 team and only has limited production. His own coaches are surprised we’re interested. Maybe different coaching helps or maybe the light comes but this is more than a Hail Mary and we should to temper expectations.

Advertisement
Kid has NFL physical size and traits yet he’s played 2 years at JUCO and 2 years on a bad G5 team and only has limited production. His own coaches are surprised we’re interested. Maybe different coaching helps or maybe the light comes but this is more than a Hail Mary and we should to temper expectations.

Facts. We were disappointed in Jackson last season. I think that’s this kid’s ceiling and the more probable outcome is he is a DL equivalent of El Gammal or Evidence Njoku… or Michael Redding.

Counting on Taylor, Deen and Morten to stay healthy and deliver on their potential.

There no question about tempering expectations. To me he could project to be a swingman who serves as depth across the DL but I don't see a starter here.

I've said this before but depth is the most we are going to get out of any of these portal additions. What we have now is very likely going to be what we go into the season with plus an additional depth piece like Campbell if we can get him. The cold hard reality is that Vince Wilfork isn't walking through the door anytime soon. People wanting to upgrade the interior DL in a significant way are going to have to wait until next Spring at the earliest. Mario has stated that this class is going to be about him using every bit of ability he has as a recruiter to land an elite class of DT's. I believe the staff is looking for 4 DT's for the 2024 class cycle. I understand the cautious optimism and even the outright cynicism but until I see Mario fall flat on his face and fail outright in his stated goal I'm not putting anything related to HS recruiting past him. I think the 2024 class will be a major success with DT, WR and CB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back