Another year, another season of not getting any f*#&ing holding calls..

Advertisement
How about two bogus late hits on Amari and keontra yet hedley and pope don’t get that. The chop block on Phillips was horrible
I think you mean cut block. They did a chop on nesta and it got called. Technically the block on Phillips wasn't illegal, just dirty. They did call L'ville for a few late sideline hits but they were obvious. The one on Keontra was right, Amari's was borderline at best but the guy was obviously going out of bounds. Just don't hit him and give the zebra an excuse. The holding though is maddening. Two fistfuls of jersey right in front of the zebras and no flags. We only got hit with one hold too so maybe it was both ways but I only saw the replays of us in defense getting mugged.

Advertisement
I’m shocked Phillips’ jersey remained intact. We saw his shoulder pads tonight more than any fan should see from any player during a live game. Hol-eeee sh*t.

Ed Reed’s sole work should be to stand behind refs and call out holds.
Hope that guy doesnt have any damage from that cheap hit low

Manny even called it out in his post game presser, hopefully he will address it with the league office

They will. And the league will say "oh we understand and we'll take corrective action" and then absolutely nothing will chance.

I lost any hope in the ACC refs after the 2015 Duke game. It's not gonna get any better.

They will. And the league will say "oh we understand and we'll take corrective action" and then absolutely nothing will chance.

I lost any hope in the ACC refs after the 2015 Duke game. It's not gonna get any better.
The holding issue was like the one thing that got Richt out of his coma and even that didn't make a dent it seems. The ACC refs are a joke, statistically it's factual at this point that Miami is legitimately getting screwed.

Advertisement
The holding issue was like the one thing that got Richt out of his coma and even that didn't make a dent it seems. The ACC refs are a joke, statistically it's factual at this point that Miami is legitimately getting screwed.

Yes, and no argument. It's been going on for years now and is beyond absurd.

The only way we start getting them is to supplant Clemson as the bellcow of the ACC... then they'll help us win games to protect their marquee product.

Maybe.

I pointed out in my recap Phillips had two blatant holds on the opening TD drive of the 3rd quarter, specifically on the TD run that was an egregious hold that didn't get called.

Roche got held on a play pretty bad too.

It's weird, I feel like the refs have a directive from the ACC to not call holds in our favor as a means to keep our pass rush from completely taking over the game. (I don't actually believe there's a grand conspiracy, I'm half joking relax)

But I'm 1,000% convinced they have orders from the ACC to call targeting on Amari Carter anytime he hits anybody. It's gotten to the point where they literally just flag him for targeting even when he clearly isn't making contact with the helmet whatsoever.

I pointed out in my recap Phillips had two blatant holds on the opening TD drive of the 3rd quarter, specifically on the TD run that was an egregious hold that didn't get called.

Roche got held on a play pretty bad too.

It's weird, I feel like the refs have a directive from the ACC to not call holds in our favor as a means to keep our pass rush from completely taking over the game. (I don't actually believe there's a grand conspiracy, I'm half joking relax)

But I'm 1,000% convinced they have orders from the ACC to call targeting on Amari Carter anytime he hits anybody. It's gotten to the point where they literally just flag him for targeting even when he clearly isn't making contact with the helmet whatsoever.
Straight up, profiling Carter, lol!

Advertisement
For a low block to be legal from a non-interior lineman it has to be “in front”, which is defined as being between 10 and 2. That block on Jaelan was at 3

There was a stretch play to Hawkins where he tripped over his own guard.

I counted three holds on that play. It was an absolute joke.

Louisville does not score 34 points if the game is led somewhat fairly by the referees.

Advertisement
Ok, they did call one on the blades pick where one of our rushers got tackled, but holy sh*t I'm gonna lose my mind if it's like this all season.
I'm right there with you. Louisville was holding so much in that game it was disgusting. I'm not joking when I say that Manny needs to file a formal protest with the NCAA or whoever it is that hears these things. Diaz needs to send over a tape with all the blatant non holding calls as well as that chicken**** gutless chop block where that Louisville player tried to end Jaelen Phillips career as well as the just inexcusable missed call on what was clearly a 15 yard roughing the kicker. Throw in that phantom penalty on the 70 yard Mallory catch and run. That entire officiating crew was horrendous. The refs call that game fairly and consistently and I'm serious that would have wiped out over 100 rushing yards for Louisville! The bottom line is despite all of that plus a lot of boneheaded mistakes on our part we beat a top 20 team by 13pts on the road at night on primetime television! They can suck It!!!

In games like this we have to start holding too. If they're not gonna call it, we have to take advantage. And if they start calling the holds on us, it puts the spotlight on them to call the evenly.

I’m shocked Phillips’ jersey remained intact. We saw his shoulder pads tonight more than any fan should see from any player during a live game. Hol-eeee sh*t.

Ed Reed’s sole work should be to stand behind refs and call out holds.
Reminds me of last year's #15 being held the whole season and still had a monster yr!

Advertisement
Back