Another week long layoff after a loss

Advertisement
Considering the team wasn’t able to get back from Boston until last night due to weather, it seems the ACC accidentally did us a favor by leaving a lay-off this week.

Miami can always schedule a non-conference game during the 6 day off break. Those breaks happen twice in a season since the ACC has 15 teams. Miami could schedule USF and UCF next season as the AAC also has an odd number of teams.

I actually read that the coaches watched Tristan Enaruna play on Tuesday so they were recruiting during the break.

Miami can always schedule a non-conference game during the 6 day off break. Those breaks happen twice in a season since the ACC has 15 teams. Miami could schedule USF and UCF next season as the AAC also has an odd number of teams.

I actually read that the coaches watched Tristan Enaruna play on Tuesday so they were recruiting during the break.

Good luck getting anyone to play an OOC game at this point in the season. The only ones you really see are these made for TV games, and they are mostly for mid major programs looking for a win over another mid major in order to bolster their tournament position.

Advertisement
Good game today against Georgia Tech.

We win 80-65.

Amp one assist away from a triple double

Good game today against Georgia Tech.

We win 80-65.

Amp one assist away from a triple double
was amusing at the end... team kept getting it to Amp to feed it for a 10th assist, first 2 tries shot was missed. Then next try, Coach L held up his arms, whistled, and said Just hold ball (don't "amp" up the score). But GT grabbed it as Canes were walking out the clock, and tried to score as coaches and crowd booed. Canes got the ball back and team AGAIN fed it to Amp for an assist, which he dutifully relayed for a shot, and Classy Coach L again stopped it. Love these guys!

was amusing at the end... team kept getting it to Amp to feed it for a 10th assist, first 2 tries shot was missed. Then next try, Coach L held up his arms, whistled, and said Just hold ball (don't "amp" up the score). But GT grabbed it as Canes were walking out the clock, and tried to score as coaches and crowd booed. Canes got the ball back and team AGAIN fed it to Amp for an assist, which he dutifully relayed for a shot, and Classy Coach L again stopped it. Love these guys!

I laughed when the dude missed two of hit FTs after stealing it while we were trying to run out the clock. Dip**** move.

Advertisement
In regards to the schedule, with only 7 scholarship players, that week off is needed. Next season, with 13 scholarship players, I would prefer the Canes to schedule non-conference games to fill the void in the schedule.

In regards to the schedule, with only 7 scholarship players, that week off is needed. Next season, with 13 scholarship players, I would prefer the Canes to schedule non-conference games to fill the void in the schedule.
20 game ACC season next year, as soon as that begins we ain't scheduling OOC opponents. No school does.

Good luck getting anyone to play an OOC game at this point in the season. The only ones you really see are these made for TV games, and they are mostly for mid major programs looking for a win over another mid major in order to bolster their tournament position.

It is not a hard as you think. There are multiple conferences (America East, Atlantic Sun, Big South, Big Sky, Big West, MAAC, Mountain West, Summit, Southland, WAC) with an odd number of teams who will have 6 days off between games.

I know, the opponent may not be great but you can find an opponent for a game. Of course, teams from the smaller conferences may be more enticed to play the game later in the season.

20 game ACC season next year, as soon as that begins we ain't scheduling OOC opponents. No school does.

I have a feeling Duke will continue to play St John's in January as part of their non-conference schedule. Miami should think outside the box instead of following others.

Someone has to be the first to start a new trend.

Advertisement
I have a feeling Duke will continue to play St John's in January as part of their non-conference schedule. Miami should think outside the box instead of following others.

Someone has to be the first to start a new trend.
It ain't happening.

It ain't happening.

Somebody will. Just because you don't think it will happen, does not mean it will not happen. Once it becomes necessary to make the NCAA tournament, it will happen.

Money always wins out at the end when greed is the motivation.

Advertisement
Back