Another under the radar big OL Miami wants to workout.

It would be nice if we could stash hi. In a prep school if we knew he’d come back. We’ve been burned by kids we put in prep schools but never came vpback (Lawrence Wright, that Jobe old man at Bama).

Advertisement
Im curious how close to 270/280 he really is cuz he looks pretty skinny...but you can't teach that footspeed. We don't need straigt up 340 pound maulers anymore so if he can even get up to 295/300 by the end of year 2 and lose nothing....? Oof

Gimme 1 "project" tackle every single year with borderline elite to elite measurables and get at it.

Im curious how close to 270/280 he really is cuz he looks pretty skinny...but you can't teach that footspeed. We don't need straigt up 340 pound maulers anymore so if he can even get up to 295/300 by the end of year 2 and lose nothing....? Oof

Gimme 1 "project" tackle every single year with borderline elite to elite measurables and get at it.
If he’s 6’7”, then 280 won’t look like 280lbs, it would look closer to 240-250. Taller guys look lighter, because the body weight is more spread out . This guy looks around 225-235 IMO, which should probably put him closer to around 250-260. Just my guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol

Zion had one p5 offer… from us

this kid gets two p5 orders out of a one camp. This kid going to blow up during his sr season.

zion was a true sleeper
I swear I read that Bama made a late run at Zion, or at least was kicking the tires.

Nahhh. We got our big project already on the OL. No need to fill up a spot with another.

It seems like Coach Justice likes Pitt's other committed project olinemen from Jacksonville Bolles HS 2022 OL Bradley Mann better. There's another thread about Mann already.

Go Canes

It seems like Coach Justice likes Pitt's other committed project olinemen from Jacksonville Bolles HS 2022 OL Bradley Mann better. There's another thread about Mann already.

Go Canes
Curious how interested he is. We can't just take jags in this class for the oline and not all of the "under the radar" guys will pan out, if any at all.

Advertisement
He definitely isn't Zion and needs to put on weight but man he can move. He is in the Washington/McLaughlin mold. I think taking one of these high up side projects a year is a great strategy.

On a sidenote I know he isn't 330 like Agbo but he is so much more fluid. It's alot easier to get an athlete and make him big, than getting a big guy and making him athletic.

Isn't Carswell that guy this cycle?

Advertisement
I'm still hesitant about Justice's evals/recruiting.

I didn't like the McLaughlin take, I don't like the UNLV transfer we took & I like Carswell's potential but I'm just not at ease about him yet with the SEC still sniffing around.
Lmfao

Go Canes

I went into this video ready to rip the kid up but he won me over. You cant teach that type of athleticism in a kid that big. Great feet and I like how he used his hands. May not be 280 but I would say 260 ish maybe more and that is fine. The kid looks like he has a genuine knack for OT play. He is very natural. A kid like this is definitely worth taking a good look at. Like someone said, stash him away in Feeley's S&C program for 2 years while Justice teaches him the technique and who knows. Maybe we do get an All ACC Tackle out of it.

Positives: good feet, can bend, and has length. Good athlete.
Negatives: extremely raw technique-wise and not as physical as you'd like to see.

I have to see this kid against better competition. The kids lined up across from him were half his size. Development wise he's a three-year project with lots of upside.

Advertisement
Back