Another Southeast San Diego Kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
No lie but they recruited like ****!!
Who’s the other great basketball school in DC or the DC/MD area??? It’s slipping my mind, not Gonzaga but another private school. They had a pretty big run.

Anyone saying "Meh" about this kid, is beyond retarded. This kid in the future will be selected in the 1st 3 rounds of the NFL draft

Last edited:
Advertisement
4* RB Byron Cardwell goes to Morse HS in the Skyline area of San Diego. Rival HS and area to Keyshawn Smith. Would be the perfect compliment to Thad Franklin. Like I have said, Southeast San Diego is an area we can sneakily pull some good talent.

I like what I see. Doesn’t waste steps when approaching the LOS on run plays. Plays some safety so he is versatile. Reminds me of Jonathan Taylor from WIS out of HS on film. Would be interested to see if he has track times.

Who’s the other great basketball school in DC or the DC/MD area??? It’s slipping my mind, not Gonzaga but another private school. They had a pretty big run.

Coach Wooten had them rolling for years... turning out pros like Keith Bogans. Gonzaga has taken a step back in my opinion.

I look at 3-4 schools
St. Johns DC powerhouse/private/upscale $60k tuition NW DC they have a few kids but I feel like they're overrated every year
Dematha MD powerhouse/private/not as upscale still costly/they send kids every **** where.... every year and have been doing since the 90s
Wise HS MD powerhouse 6 state titles in 10 years/4 years state champs in 4A in row.. they've sent several kids to Psu, fsu, vtech, and Unc

I think Dunbar HS in Baltimore is called the Poets.

In the '80's they were a major, major basketball power: Reggie Williams, David Wingate, Muggsy Bogues.

They also have won some state championships in football over the last thirty years.

I think they are named the Poets because of Edgar Allen Poe. (Poe did not play either sport, to my knowledge).

There mascot is an owl.

I have no idea why the San Diego team is called the doves.
Avon Old Farms Winged Beavers baby!

I think Dunbar HS in Baltimore is called the Poets.

In the '80's they were a major, major basketball power: Reggie Williams, David Wingate, Muggsy Bogues.

They also have won some state championships in football over the last thirty years.

I think they are named the Poets because of Edgar Allen Poe. (Poe did not play either sport, to my knowledge).

There mascot is an owl.

I have no idea why the San Diego team is called the doves.
Yes indeed, Tavon Austin is an alum as well. Some of the ROUGHEST parts of Baltimore are zoned to Dunbar. They're named the Poets after Paul Laurence Dunbar, the legendary African-American poet, novelist and playwright. Dunbar elementary in Overtown is named in his honor as well. Tough area, tough kids, tough school, not-so-tough mascot...

Advertisement
Isnt the reason why Dunbar is named the Poets is because Edgar Allen Poe house is literally down the street.

Isnt the reason why Dunbar is named the Poets is because Edgar Allen Poe house is literally down the street.
Nah fam, the school's official name is Paul Laurence Dunbar High School. Dunbar was a famous Black poet. The school was founded as an elementary school when Baltimore City Schools were segregated. Wouldn't it make more sense to name the school after Poe, a Baltimore native, if the mascot was chosen as the Poets in his honor or choose another mascot if Dunbar wasn't a famous poet as well?

Advertisement
Yes indeed, Tavon Austin is an alum as well. Some of the ROUGHEST parts of Baltimore are zoned to Dunbar. They're named the Poets after Paul Laurence Dunbar, the legendary African-American poet, novelist and playwright. Dunbar elementary in Overtown is named in his honor as well. Tough area, tough kids, tough school, not-so-tough mascot...
Yup Orleans St and Perkins homes plus Broadway...Biddle/Wolfe St...Rough rough...

Advertisement
Back