Another solid win...

TRock305

Junior
for Leach tonight. Hate him all you want, but he's got the Cougars rolling. Young team and fun to watch.

Advertisement
What would MIAMI look like if we had hired Mike Leach in 2007 instead of Randy Shannon?

Leach was begging for the job.

That was a fun ending.

He's a head scratcher. Not sure how you can look so good on offense but still lose to Portland State.

He always seems to be 1 or 2 wins away from greatness.

Advertisement
Leach is a **** good coach.

People mention oh they lost to Portland State.

It was the first game of the year for them, they had a new QB, everything i read about the game was it was **** weather and freezing rain...in August.

Wazzu beat Oregon, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Rutgers, was missed field goal from Stanford and could have beaten Cal.

That program hadn't had a winning season since 2003. That's 12 years without a winning season, and Leach got them there.

Go look at their recruiting rankings before Leach showed up. They were the bottom of all colleges. Leach comes in and they are going to their 2nd bowl in 3 years after not going to one in a decade.

The dude just knows how to get the most out of players. He's a **** good coach. We should have hired him when we had the chance, but no we had to f around for a decade instead with Shannon and Golden.

I don't know if another big program will hire him, but they wouldn't be sorry. All he does is take crap programs and make them good. What the **** do they think he would do at a good program? Go backwards? He isn't doing that. Put 5 stars on his roster and he'd turn cookie dough kids into straight up warrior beasts.

Oh well we can just sit around and hope for the winner of the Herman Tito Fuente bowl I guess from conference who gives a sh*t.

Or has beens who haven't been hired in half a decade whose team he was fired from is now achieving levels he never could make happen.

Yep, I'm one of those people. He's a good coach. Wazzu has very little history and he's got them in the running for the Pac12 title.

But like I said, every year there seem to be just a couple of games where you scratch your head and go... huh... why didn't they win that?

Maybe he would get over that hump with a roster full of 5*s. That kind of talent certainly has helped other coaches who haven't been so great on game day. But I'm not so sure he could pull a roster of 5*s.

Some folks aren't sold on Butch or Herman or Fuente. I think the risk/reward is better for those guys than Leach.

Advertisement
Back