Another So FL hater

Advertisement
Dumb tweet, but we do seem to recruit better outside of South Florida right now and I wonder why our local recruiting isn’t stronger.

Maybe it’s relationships with the high schools. Maybe it’s culture. Maybe we need to “play the game” with handlers. I’m not a recruiting guy so I don’t know, but when (not if) Mario solves this and we keep all the local 5 stars here while cherry picking from elsewhere like we’re already doing…look out

Dumb tweet, but we do seem to recruit better outside of South Florida right now and I wonder why our local recruiting isn’t stronger.

Maybe it’s relationships with the high schools. Maybe it’s culture. Maybe we need to “play the game” with handlers. I’m not a recruiting guy so I don’t know, but when (not if) Mario solves this and we keep all the local 5 stars here while cherry picking from elsewhere like we’re already doing…look out
relationships likely. Mario is building it better w the 24 class given it takes time to develop those. I think were always gonna have issues with CB and WR recruiting locally though

Advertisement

Combo of all of the above tbh

And I the only one who sees the circular logic here? He’s making the point that we don’t get commits because when they commit to somewhere else some fans bash them on social media after they have already committed somewhere else? Huh? Doesn’t seem like the brightest crayon in the box.
Agree. Is this guy on all of the fan sites for the “losing team” when a kid commits elsewhere to see how they act? Someone should send him a link to the Gators that instantly downgrade a kid’s ability or say that they were chasing bags as soon as they commit elsewhere. Seen USCw do it too. So the real question is why is he following our fans so closely…perhaps his bias is that he only sees it from us because we are the only ones that he follows? Some people can’t get out of their own way.

fans unfortunately do this everywhere, for every sport. He must be new to all of this...

Advertisement
Ya, no ***** given about the feelings of any kid or their family that has a chance to stay home and doesn't. If Macho sees him I'd kindly request he tell him to **** his own triple chin.

We need to win games. S. Florida players want to play for a winning program. Some can see this with Mario at the helm already. Others will need to see how the season plays out. If Mario strings together an ACC championship or at least a tough game against Clemson in the championship then we will see many of the South Florida recruits reconsider. Considering how we did last year Our recruiting is off the chain

Advertisement
Go on….
We’re becoming the school that we as fans have wanted. A school where all the local players want to be at and not the school that gets laughed at.

Now the local coaches and handlers have to deal with that notion. If you’re at heritage or sta your gonna want to recruit the best local talent. Now you have to deal with most of them wanting to be at Miami.
So now you have to publicly tweet that oos options are also there.

I find it interesting because he’s tweeting out something that is not an unknown topic. He’s acting like non of the local players know that there are options outside of Miami.

If he’s tweeting it it’s for a specific reason and likely finding out that a bunch of players are all of the sudden really considering Miami.

Advertisement
IMO, if you as a grown *** man have ever tweeted a kid or parent for committing to another school, you're acting emotionally. It accomplishes nothing. All schools have fans that do it, but if you're a Miami fan, just don't. Move on, with Mario at the helm we're getting ours.

Focus on find 🥔

Edit: but also ***** this guy for being an idiot. Unprofessional for a high school coach to tweet that.

Advertisement
Back