Another Sad Recap

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
My expectation going into this game was for Miami to look like they belonged. Well, that sure as **** didn’t happen. Going to highlight my thoughts:

Negatives:

— Lashlee coached scared. A lack of creativity and aggressiveness that resembled the UNC and Clemson games last year. On our opening drive he called a run play on 3rd and 7. That was disgusting. Then, that 4th and goal quarterback draw was just horrible. I understand what we were trying to do, but we played right into their hands. Everyone knew what was coming and we ran right into the strength of Bama’s defense for a predictable result.

— Running game was demoralizing. I didn’t expect us to be successful against Bama’s front 7, but it was worse than I anticipated. I don’t blame it all on the line, though, as Harris was simply not getting it done. He missed holes, made poor cuts, etc. If Chaney is healthy, he needs to be the starter

— Defensively, we just couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. Our blitz packages were predictable and Bama’s offensive line dealt with them fairly easily. And while Bryce Young looks like the real deal, I don’t feel like we challenged him enough because the cushions we provided on the outside at times were laughable.

— Tackling was bad. Ya, ya — first game….blah, blah, blah. I don’t care. We had opportunities to put them behind the chains a few times and failed.

Positives:

— Receivers look a lot better. Played at a pretty high level on the biggest stage.

— We are a fast team. I don’t blame people for chuckling at this comment due to the scoreboard, but if you watch the replay of the game there were times where it was evident on both sides of the ball. I saw us flying to the ball defensively and making plays that I haven’t seen in years. I think everyone will notice this more when we play teams not named Bama.

— Speaking of Bama, they are unbelievable. They are what we used to be — never rebuild, simply reload. I watched Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma play this weekend. They all have serious flaws. We would have played all those teams closer — not a doubt in my mind. Bama is a whole different animal, though. So the positive here, I guess, Is that we won’t have to go through another game like this against any of our remaining opponents.

Conclusion:

I’m worried about the offense. Lashlee needs to pull his head out of his *** and let us air the ball out until teams respect us enough to not stack the box. I think our defense will be fine. We are not elite, but good enough to get it done in the ACC coastal.

And while I realize that this is not a popular opinion right now, I’ll go out on a limb and say I still think we’re a solid team. We’ll learn a lot over the course of the next two weeks, but no team left on our schedule is even in the same universe as Bama. And yet, we might lose one or two more games due to coaching. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see.

Advertisement
My expectation going into this game was for Miami to look like they belonged. Well, that sure as **** didn’t happen. Going to highlight my thoughts:

Negatives:

— Lashlee coached scared. A lack of creativity and aggressiveness that resembled the UNC and Clemson games last year. On our opening drive he called a run play on 3rd and 7. That was disgusting. Then, that 4th and goal quarterback draw was just horrible. I understand what we were trying to do, but we played right into their hands. Everyone knew what was coming and we ran right into the strength of Bama’s defense for a predictable result.

— Running game was demoralizing. I didn’t expect us to be successful against Bama’s front 7, but it was worse than I anticipated. I don’t blame it all on the line, though, as Harris was simply not getting it done. He missed holes, made poor cuts, etc. If Chaney is healthy, he needs to be the starter

— Defensively, we just couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. Our blitz packages were predictable and Bama’s offensive line dealt with them fairly easily. And while Bryce Young looks like the real deal, I don’t feel like we challenged him enough because the cushions we provided on the outside at times were laughable.

— Tackling was bad. Ya, ya — first game….blah, blah, blah. I don’t care. We had opportunities to put them behind the chains a few times and failed.

Positives:

— Receivers look a lot better. Played at a pretty high level on the biggest stage.

— We are a fast team. I don’t blame people for chuckling at this comment due to the scoreboard, but if you watch the replay of the game there were times where it was evident on both sides of the ball. I saw us flying to the ball defensively and making plays that I haven’t seen in years. I think everyone will notice this more when we play teams not named Bama.

— Speaking of Bama, they are unbelievable. They are what we used to be — never rebuild, simply reload. I watched Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma play this weekend. They all have serious flaws. We would have played all those teams closer — not a doubt in my mind. Bama is a whole different animal. So the positive here is, hopefully, we won’t have to go through this again against any remaining opponent.

Conclusion:

I’m worried about the offense. Lashlee needs to pull his head out of his *** and let us air the ball out until teams respect us enough to not stack the box. I think our defense will be fine. We are not elite, but good enough to get it done in the ACC coastal.

And while I realize that this is not a popular opinion
right now, I’ll go out on a limb and say I still think we’re a solid team. We’ll learn a lot over the course of the next two weeks, but no team left on our schedule is even in the same universe as Bama. And yet, we might lose one or two more games due to coaching. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see.
Fair recap but seems like we have been around this block quite a few times over the last few seasons.... the coaches looked unprepared and inept this time unlike the players in previously..... maybe it is my perception

I disagree that bama is unbelievable Compared to all other elite programs. They are mOre vulnerable than I have seen in a long time.
also, we may be solid this year but I’m reducing my win total prediction at least one game, maybe two. And the sad thing is, this is the best team and cha ve we will have in the foreseeable future to be a great team. Instead, we’ll just be a 8-9 win team again

Lol last team Diaz wants to play is OU. Talking bout a record breaking passing performance by Rattler. Dabo would not have let up like Saban did neither would Fisher and Ryan Day. We’re not at any of their level in any way. Winning the Coastal is not saying a lot seeing as though every coastal teams lost this week to G5 schools and the only schools that won played other ACC opponents.

Fair recap but seems like we have been around this block quite a few times over the last few seasons.... the coaches looked unprepared and inept this time unlike the players in previously..... maybe it is my perception
Ya, I’m not making excuses for the coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball. We could have played them closer if Lashlee didn’t coach scared. It sucks.

Advertisement
I disagree that bama is unbelievable Compared to all other elite programs. They are mOre vulnerable than I have seen in a long time.
also, we may be solid this year but I’m reducing my win total prediction at least one game, maybe two. And the sad thing is, this is the best team and cha ve we will have in the foreseeable future to be a great team. Instead, we’ll just be a 8-9 win team again
I think it’s them and then everyone else and they will only get better as the season goes on. I think 8 or 9 wins is a fair prediction. I’d lean towards 9.

Negatives:

Positives:

We are a fast team. I don’t blame people for chuckling at this comment due to the scoreboard, but if you watch the replay of the game there were times where it was evident on both sides of the ball. I saw us flying to the ball defensively and making plays that I haven’t seen in years. I think everyone will notice this more when we play teams not named Bama.

— Speaking of Bama, they are unbelievable. They are what we used to be — never rebuild, simply reload. I watched Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma play this weekend. They all have serious flaws. We would have played all those teams closer — not a doubt in my mind. Bama is a whole different animal, though. So the positive here, I guess, Is that we won’t have to go through another game like this against any of our remaining opponents.

Conclusion:

And while I realize that this is not a popular opinion right now, I’ll go out on a limb and say I still think we’re a solid team. We’ll learn a lot over the course of the next two weeks, but no team left on our schedule is even in the same universe as Bama. And yet, we might lose one or two more games due to coaching. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see.

I'm going to disagree on this point here. That defense is not fast. FAR from it.

We threw WR screens and Bama had 3-4 guys gang tackling. Bama threw the same screens and we had 1, at most 2 guys in the vicinity. Our DBs got TORCHED by Bama WRs.....not by 1-2 yards by 5+ yards. Our LBs couldn't fill a hole or catch RBs. Our smaller edge guys couldn't run around guys 50-100 pounds heavier at OT.

This defense was in chase mode all night and looked slow. I saw one clip of Amari Carter jogging behind a play that was maybe a little over 5 yards in front of him and seemingly not care. That's embarrassing.

Lol last team Diaz wants to play is OU. Talking bout a record breaking passing performance by Rattler. Dabo would not have let up like Saban did neither would Fisher and Ryan Day. We’re not at any of their level in any way. Winning the Coastal is not saying a lot seeing as though every coastal teams lost this week to G5 schools and the only schools that won played other ACC opponents.
OU is a nightmare matchup for Diaz — true.

But overall I wasn’t impressed with them yesterday. They beat a bad Tulane team by 5 at home. The fans on their board are on suicide watch.

I'm going to disagree on this point here. That defense is not fast. FAR from it.

We threw WR screens and Bama had 3-4 guys gang tackling. Bama threw the same screens and we had 1, at most 2 guys in the vicinity. Our DBs got TORCHED by Bama WRs.....not by 1-2 yards by 5+ yards. Our LBs couldn't fill a hole or catch RBs. Our smaller edge guys couldn't run around guys 50-100 pounds heavier at OT.

This defense was in chase mode all night and looked slow. I saw one clip of Amari Carter jogging behind a play that was maybe a little over 5 yards in front of him and seemingly not care. That's embarrassing.
I think a lot of that had to do with scheme, but point well taken. Again, I’m not saying it was obvious. There were a few plays sprinkled in that diarrhea of a game.

Advertisement
I'm done with cfb the sport it's been monopolized. No point in getting super invested like we all know who's going to win. The talent isn't spread there isn't any parody it's a horrible sport to watch. There isn't anything and anyone can do....they will say NIL will help but it's BS. Bama will still take in the best of the best and no one will do a **** thing about it. They have beat me into submission....it's over UM will never be what it once was and that's unacceptable for me at least.

Last edited:
I think a lot of that had to do with scheme, but point well taken. Again, I’m not saying it was obvious. There were a few plays sprinkled in that diarrhea of a game.

Scheme may be the result of receivers running wide open underneath bc Manny can't help himself with poorly executed and schemed blitzes when the data SHOWED Bryce Young was killing his blitzes, but that doesn't change the fact these guys either weren't running full speed or are just slow.

Manny is an average , stubborn DC. He's better than Baker but so are most DCs. Manny's D is terrible at disguising things to confuse a young QB. His blitzes can be seen coming from the next county over, so even the 4th string walk-on QB on the bench can call them out. Spacing is terrible. Formations don't shift enough for strong formations. You can pick apart Manny's tendencies in 10 minutes of film study. Bill O'Brien would be a HOF OC in the NFL if he was able to call games against this defense every week.

Very fair assessment. As has been mentioned a gazillion times over the last 14 hours or so, I was extremely disappointed in Lashlee’s play calling. Even my wife screamed WTF at the attempted QB sneak at the goal line.

Some have mentioned that Lashlee calls a few plays early to see what the opposing D is showing him. If that’s the case, he doesn’t seem to adjust to what the opposing D is showing soon enough. A dive up the middle on 3rd and 7 is just plain stupid.

Laslee seemed to open it up a little more in the 2nd half but it was too little too late.

I will say the guys didn’t seem to quit. They seemed to still be playing hard until the last whistle.

Negatives:

Positives:

Conclusion:

We are not winning the coastal under Rhett Ashcheeks mark it down

Advertisement
I'm done with cfb the sport it's been monopolized. No point in getting super invested like we all know who's going to win. The talent isn't spread there isn't any parody it's a horrible sport to watch. There isn't anything and anyone can do....they will say NIL will help but it's BS. Bama will still take in the best of the best and no one will do a **** thing about it. They have beat me into submission....it's over UM will never be what it once was and that's unacceptable for me at least.
Well said and on point.

AB62AF5A-92CF-4B01-93A6-08E34AFDE280.jpeg

But overall I wasn’t impressed with them yesterday. They beat a bad Tulane team by 5 at home. The fans on their board are on suicide watch.
Yeah that was a bad game by ou all around and I think Texas gets them this year.

Advertisement
A lot of blue blue programs look vulnerable this year.
I didn’t get to catch a lot of the blue bloods games. Ou, Bama to some extent looks vulnerable, who else? People have been texting me Clemson but I’m maintaining UGA just played their *** off (and Clemson isn’t a blue blood)

Tulane was half a yard from converting on 4th and 13 with 2 minutes left. It was definitely not a victory to crow about.

Negatives:

Positives:

Conclusion:

Fair assessment. Wish

Advertisement
Back