Another option for HC??? (surprise name)

deerob305

Junior
If Golden is here one more year, and we fire him, What about Brett Bielima at Arkansas as the next coach?? He was great at Wisconsin, he recruits Florida well.... its just been tough for him at Arkansas because of his division with LSU, Auburn, and Alabama..... Just a question...Thoughts??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mark Stoops will be in the same situation. IMO, I don't think he'll ever win the SEC at Kentucky which will force him to make a decision to head coach somewhere else in the near future. Sure he makes more money at Kentucky, but somewhere like Miami would be ideal for him should the opportunity come.

Wouldn't want because of his ***** wife, and also we wouldn't be able to outbid Arkansas.

He inherited a bit of a disaster. Petrino left Arkie, much like he leaves everyone, in shambles.

BERT's a solid coach that will never win the big one because he panics sometimes and gets away from his team's identity. He has built one of the best run games in college football, with 2 dynamic hammers at running back, and yet when the chips are down against Texas A&M or Alabama he abandons the run game that got them there. Kind of Golden-esque in that way.

Wow, nice work. I have been working with an anyone but Golden mindset here, but you found likely one of the few that would be worse.

Advertisement
I don't if anyone has mentioned, Curtis Johnson of Tulane. His record isn't off the charts but has ties here and can recruit. Just some food for thought and has experience.

Bielema is now 0-12 in the SEC since taking the Arkansas job.

No need for Big 10 minds here at Miami. We should be able to land a much better candidate than Bielema.

Mark Stoops will be in the same situation. IMO, I don't think he'll ever win the SEC at Kentucky which will force him to make a decision to head coach somewhere else in the near future. Sure he makes more money at Kentucky, but somewhere like Miami would be ideal for him should the opportunity come.

Stoops makes 2.2....I am pretty sure we could afford to offer him more than that if that was the decision.

I don't if anyone has mentioned, Curtis Johnson of Tulane. His record isn't off the charts but has ties here and can recruit. Just some food for thought and has experience.

Curtis Johnson is 2-5 in his third year at Tulane and 11-21 overall as their head coach. But you're recommending him as a potential option for Miami? And what evidence exists indicating that he can recruit? Tulane pulled in the 91st ranked class in the country in 2014 after winning 7 games.

Another **** no.

Last edited:
Advertisement
fatguy-slipandslide-cool-sliding-chill-1327966520c.gif

Advertisement
I don't like any of the names mentioned besides Stoops

But this "Big 10" mentality thing is over played.

Advertisement
Back