Another DT Transfer

HurricaneUWW

Savvy Vet
In addition to former Cane target and 4-star DT Antwuan Jackson Jr. transferring from Auburn earlier this afternoon, DT Jordan Elliot has decided to leave Texas. The former 4-star Cane target played in 6 games as a true freshman last season. Comments from their 247 board suggest some shock in regards to his decision and disappointment as he was expected to receive more PT this season and was highly regarded by fans. Would be a big addition to the Canes next season with losses expected to the NFL Draft. Elliot would be able to redshirt this season and be eligible to play immediately in 2018.

One thing to note: Elliot was committed to Baylor, Houston and Michigan in succession throughout his recruitment prior to signing with Texas.

Jordan Elliott, Westside, Defensive Tackle

Advertisement
With all those commit/decommits and a quick transfer, he sounds like a drama queen who will almost certainly wash out. Can't be a cvnt and succeed at DT.

If he played in six games as a freshman, he can't be much of a drama queen.

I can see a player from Houston, leaning to Houston, and Baylor, and then Texas.

We see S.FLA kids bouncing all over creation.

I can see a player from Houston, leaning to Houston, and Baylor, and then Texas.

Well this is mostly speculation but the Baylor de-commitment is obvious with what happened there, Houston is a non P5 school and he was committed there at the same time as Ed Oliver, and Michigan was probably too far away.

I've been continuing to read posts from their board and it appears this transfer could be due to the scheme change from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Could definitely work in our favor should that be the case.

Advertisement
I've been continuing to read posts from their board and it appears this transfer could be due to the scheme change from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Could definitely work in our favor should that be the case.

Did they say anything towards how good he is? are they okay with him leaving or are they semi freaking out? Because right now I would automatically say **** no to any Big 12 D-line.. specially from Texas as their defense was not any good.

I think any kid leaving dorito when he didn't commit to dorito should get a clean slate

Did they say anything towards how good he is? are they okay with him leaving or are they semi freaking out? Because right now I would automatically say **** no to any Big 12 D-line.. specially from Texas as their defense was not any good.

Borderline freaking out for sure. They were very high on him based on the comments. They're thin at DT and worried they could be losing more. They are also expecting to lose multiple OL to transfer as well.

I would disagree about your other comment about B12 DL and the UT defense. I wouldn't hold individual players in lower regard due to a units collective poor performance, that doesn't mean Elliot can't play. He did play in 6 games as a true freshman at a very demanding position for an 18-year-old. He would've played in more as well but suffered an injury against Iowa St.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Marcell southall also transferring from Texas.

Name should ring a bell.

Yeah I mentioned that yesterday in the Marcell Southall thread that is slightly down the list in this board. Thanks for bringing it to this thread though, d finitely relevant to Elliot w both being from UT.

I don't know about you guys, but I love seeing kids who turn their recruitment into a circus and commit to more than 2 schools in a cycle struggle once its time to play football.

**** the Drama Queen recruits like Keef Bryant!

Advertisement
As mentioned above, they are switching from 4-3 to 3-4. They probably want him to 2 gap and I don't blame him for not liking it.

He would probably be a monster here under Kul where he can get up field and make plays.

Playing in 6 games proves he's not a drama queen?

Advertisement

Playing in 6 games proves he's not a drama queen?

Texas take their football just as seriously as anyone - high school and college.

To start as a freshman at a DT?

Yeah, I'm saying drama queens don't play DT in Texas.

As much as you'd like him to be a kindred spirit - nope.

Advertisement
Back