Another DT offer, Adam Torres

Problem2

All-American
Premium
The offers are adding up for Lake Mary DL Adam Torres. Miami is the latest to extend an offer. (March 29, 2013)

Adam Torres picked up a scholarship offer from Miami on Thursday.

It was an exciting moment for the Lake Mary junior defensive tackle, but it’s a sensation he’s becoming familiar with.
Big-time schools are taking notice of Torres, who is quickly becoming a big-time prospect.

Miami is just the latest in what is becoming a long line of prestigious programs vying for the massive lineman. Florida State, Georgia Tech, USF, Rutgers; the offers are piling up, but that doesn’t mean Torres didn’t soak in the moment.

“It’s definitely a big one,” Torres said of the Miami offer. “I’ve been talking with Coach [defensive line coach Jethro]Franklin for the past few weeks and I finally got down there.”

Torres (6-6, 270) -- the first Central Florida 2014 prospect to receive a Miami offer -- watched the Hurricanes practice and then talked to head coach Al Golden, who offered him the scholarship on the spot.

“He said he liked me, liked my game film,” Torres said. “They look at me as a defensive lineman.”

“It was nice. The coaches, the players stood out. Everyone was respectful and you could tell from watching practice that they’re a well-disciplined team.”

Most other schools view Torres as a defensive lineman, although FSU offered him as a both a defensive and offensive lineman.

“I’ll play whatever position, it doesn’t matter,” he said.

Torres, No. 4 on the Sentinel's 2014 Central Florida Super60, has visited Florida, USF, UCF and Miami this spring, and is waiting to start naming favorites until after spring practice in May.

Not having grown up a fan of any particular in-state college, Torres won’t have to worry about fandom playing into a decision if it comes down to Florida or Miami. That should also enable him to sit back and enjoy the process.

“It’s surreal to be honest,” Torres said. “I don’t think it’s hit me yet because it’s just a lot to take in. But this is a great experience so far, I’m loving it.”

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1290520/adam-torres

MOAR

Advertisement
The first thing about him i like is the fact that he can play de, dt and nt and the second is that 1 on 1 he dominated on the film but maybe the talent isnt up to par

Advertisement
Is that the high school ray Lewis III went to

No RLIII attend the prep school in lake Mary (student body of 150),. Torres goes to the local public high school which has about 900 kids or so. The only thing about Lake Mary is that they play mostly soft competition until they get to district playoffs. For a large school you would like to see them play a tougher schedule in the Metro Orlando Area but they traditional dodge the none district big boys.

I would like to see them play Dr. Philips, Timber Creek, Olympia, Evans, Osceola, Seminole, Boone, Apopka, Winter Park, Edgewater, Oak Ridge etc. But they want noooooo part of this.

Go Canes

I live in Lake Mary and the school has almost 3,000 students. All of the schools you referenced above are in Orange County. Lake Mary is in Seminole. Lake Mary has to play the local Seminole county schools but it did play Winter Park this year at Winter Park. Winter Park is my middle schools feeder high school and boy were they over rated. I do agree that Orange has much better football compared to Seminole. Be on the lookout for my former student Jerrel Antoine over at OakRidge. He will be a 3 yr started at QB for them. I know he already has some D1 offers but I would love to get him down to a Golden Camp.

Advertisement
I live in Lake Mary and the school has almost 3,000 students. All of the schools you referenced above are in Orange County. Lake Mary is in Seminole. Lake Mary has to play the local Seminole county schools but it did play Winter Park this year at Winter Park. Winter Park is my middle schools feeder high school and boy were they over rated. I do agree that Orange has much better football compared to Seminole. Be on the lookout for my former student Jerrel Antoine over at OakRidge. He will be a 3 yr started at QB for them. I know he already has some D1 offers but I
would love to get him down to a Golden Camp.

Orange county schools play all comers, they play schools from Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Seminole (when they are willing such as Oviedo and Hagerty they play all comers) Volusia, and even Polk County. This is in addition to their District Games. For instance Lake Mary played University (Orlando) and this was the first year ever the school made the playoffs. So if they do play schools they cherty pick them to ensure a strong chance of winning.

Look at jones High school they are a small school but they played anyone, they play cocoa (brevard county), Evans ( 2 classes above them), frost proof ( polk county), Harmony ( Osceola county). And mind you Lake Mary has 6 times the budget of Jones. Jones HS doesn't even have a locker room and they use a closet storage room for thier weight room yet they turn out D1 players and play anyone that will play them. Oh yeah and they where coached by Kenard Lang an old school player who just those boys playing out of thier minds.

I like the Torres Kid video, but I want to see him go against some serious talent. I remember 2yrs ago when AG & Kehoe came up to Orlando to reintroduce the UM brand to Otown they stopped in at LM HS, becuase they produce some talent every now and then like LB keith Rivers. But the school needs to step thier schedule with all that money.

Go Canes

Is that the high school ray Lewis III went to

No RLIII attend the prep school in lake Mary (student body of 150),. Torres goes to the local public high school which has about 900 kids or so. The only thing about Lake Mary is that they play mostly soft competition until they get to district playoffs. For a large school you would like to see them play a tougher schedule in the Metro Orlando Area but they traditional dodge the none district big boys.

I would like to see them play Dr. Philips, Timber Creek, Olympia, Evans, Osceola, Seminole, Boone, Apopka, Winter Park, Edgewater, Oak Ridge etc. But they want noooooo part of this.

Go Canes

Lake Mary is in Seminole County. Entirely different district.

Arizonacane please read all posts in thread to avoid duplication. I am very familar with the central Florida area. I stated I would like LM to bolster their out of district schedule.

Go Cane

Last edited:
Wow Torres is ranked 32nd best DT by rivals for postion rankings in 2014. Funny thing is rivals doesn't show Torres as having a UM offer.

Lets see what happens with the DT spot for 2014.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back