Announcers - Final Review

Not that anyone should be surprised, but I just rewatched the final drive, and during the review of Langham's TD it's ****ing sickenning how much these announcers wanted us to lose.

What game were you watching? Jeez. Some folks make issues out of thin air.

Advertisement
Holy **** look at the .53 second mark when he scores virtually the entire side of the stadium is cheering, tons of Cane fans there.

Say what you will, Tebpw being a Gator and all, but he IS a winner when it comes to the biggest game of all....LIFE

Dave Pasche, like much of ESPN's "Talent" is a Syracuse grad of 1994, so he watched his team get pummeled by Miami A LOT.
Tonm Luginbill never won an ACC game, so he sure didn't want Rosier winning his first TWO.
Greg McElroy's picture shows up if you Google "Game Manager." He rightly heard that Mark Ingram, Julio Jones and the 'Bama defense won the National Title, not him. When he was eventually drafted, the cameras focused on his hot sister, not him at all. Finally, he couldn't beat out Buttfumble Sanchez or his Holliness Timmy T for the Jets statrting job.

Three losers trying to keep winners down...

Seek mental help.

These are the rantings of a psychopath.

Last edited:
No issue with the announcers whatsoever. I have watched the last drive over and over...no bias at all.

McElroy came right out this AM on his ESPNU satellite radio show and fawned over CMR. He said that the U would win a national championship in the next few years under Richt.

Advertisement
Was watching one of the football shows on garbage ESPN and had Heather Dinich, Chip Kelly, and Mack Brown. Question came up, "Is the U a playoff contender?" Brown said they were close, maybe not elite yet, but they are basically a year ahead of schedule. Fair enough. Kelly said until they lose a game, of course they are playoff contenders. Play one game at a time and handle your business and Miami is doing that. Then that trash "ACC reporter" Dinich says, "No way, they haven't beat anyone yet, and they still have to beat VT." Both Mack and Kelly looked at her like she had grown a second head. They said, Miami just went on the road and beat their rivals who are still a good opponent despite the record" and "who has VT beaten?" He response was "uhhh, well that's beside the point." I think she also said Miami has a freshman qb. Look, I think there are good female sports writers out there, but keeping Dinich and Adelson on staff has to be some sort of PC bulls#t, because they are awful at their jobs.

Dave Pasche, like much of ESPN's "Talent" is a Syracuse grad of 1994, so he watched his team get pummeled by Miami A LOT.
Tonm Luginbill never won an ACC game, so he sure didn't want Rosier winning his first TWO.
Greg McElroy's picture shows up if you Google "Game Manager." He rightly heard that Mark Ingram, Julio Jones and the 'Bama defense won the National Title, not him. When he was eventually drafted, the cameras focused on his hot sister, not him at all. Finally, he couldn't beat out Buttfumble Sanchez or his Holliness Timmy T for the Jets statrting job.

Did you get Jimboed by McElroy? Cot ****. McElroy's personal opinion of Miami is probably like that of a random Miami fan's opinion of Michigan - not many ties, whatever. I don't think he's the greatest but he's far from some anti-Miami guy.

Wasn't McElroy the guy who grew up a Cane fan with his room painted in Cane colors? I seem to remember a story about that.

Advertisement
Rewatching on espn2. I watched game first time on mute because I could tell after first quarter they were slurping Noles. Now listening with sound. It's worse than I thought. Third quarter Patrick drops swing pass on the line, looks like a backwards throw and a fumble. No way Pinckney could know it was ruled incomplete so he hits Patrick as he tries to pick up ball, as he obviously Patrick thought it was a fumble too. Announcer says oh, they should have flagged him even though he didn't know ball was incomplete (literally said this). Next play is a punt, ref throws flag instead of bean bag. Berrios has a great return, announcers say "oh that flag definitely affected fsu since they thought it was coming back." WTF? This is the most biased garbage announcing I've ever heard.

Advertisement
Back