Announcers during Canes games

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
Could you please stop announcing the games against underdogs as if they were playing the 2001 Canes? Its not that big of a deal anymore when a lesser team hangs with Miami. Just call the game as if it were Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech or something comparable. Thanks

Advertisement
They were hideous. Who the **** is Tucker? Do we have a Tucker on our team? I muted them and listened to DBJ and Joe Z on delay mid third quarter it was so bad. Another bush league aspect to that B level comedy movie on a vacant backlot we were forced to watch last night. Next week it will be some drunken youtuber with a low res phone talking through a soup can on the broadcast for Dook.

I hate when commentators talk about how "vaunted" this defense is then they preceded to play like dogsht.

Commentator: "These LBs are All American level!" The very next play Shaq gets dragged 3 yards by a 5'8" 180lb RB in the hole while Pinckney shoots the wrong gap, AGAIN.

Commentator: "Watch out for this D-line they're one of the best DL in the country!" then proceeds to get blown off the ball for the next 5 run plays and give up 60 yards rushing in 1 drive; no pass rush.

Commentator: "The O-line should be much improved with experience!" proceeds to make everyone look like the 85 bears.

Commentator: "Miami has something special at QB!" then he proceeds to lose to FIU playing like dogsht.

We have a team, no, we have a program that can't handle any shred of success or else we start dancing even after beating mediocre teams. I understand beating FSU but **** everybody? We do backflip and moon walk celebrations for everybody? We have a bunch of Miami talent with Duke, just happy to make a bowl game, mentality.

Advertisement
The tone I got was one of hope for Miami to come back as if it’s still possible we could win the game and I realized one of those guys is the marlins commentator and it all made sense. That’s how he calls the marlins games. Hopeful

I hate when commentators talk about how "vaunted" this defense is then they preceded to play like dogsht.

Commentator: "These LBs are All American level!" The very next play Shaq gets dragged 3 yards by a 5'8" 180lb RB in the hole while Pinckney shoots the wrong gap, AGAIN.

Commentator: "Watch out for this D-line they're one of the best DL in the country!" then proceeds to get blown off the ball for the next 5 run plays and give up 60 yards rushing in 1 drive; no pass rush.

Commentator: "The O-line should be much improved with experience!" proceeds to make everyone look like the 85 bears.

Commentator: "Miami has something special at QB!" then he proceeds to lose to FIU playing like dogsht.

We have a team, no, we have a program that can't handle any shred of success or else we start dancing even after beating mediocre teams. I understand beating FSU but **** everybody? We do backflip and moon walk celebrations for everybody? We have a bunch of Miami talent with Duke, just happy to make a bowl game, mentality.

Last night the idiot was going on about the defence and how Manny has brought back the old defence. He said the first thing Manny did was bring back Jimmy Johnsons defence. I almost threw up when I heard it.

At least you guys didn't need to listen to that god awful DJ that was at the stadium...

Advertisement
I thought Aaron Murray did a great job. Had no idea he was an announcer. He has a bright future.

Advertisement
Back