Angel Rodriguez

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
This isn't surprising news, but I'm being told that he will have to sit out this year. Those around him are not confident he will be cleared and I'm told he (Angel) is not holding out much hope either.

Advertisement
Better for the long run to have him for 2 years after this year anyway

Gets the young guys ready to make another run in 14-15 and 15-16

Not concerned about the 2015-2016 season like you are. By then we could recruit/develop or get another transfer at PG.

This is NOT better for the team, we can still make a tourney this year and be set up for next year.

We're gonna take our lumps this year, but between Coach L's new found inroads and his use of the waiver wire, guarantee you in 14-15, we are gonna be legit.

Advertisement

Not concerned about the 2015-2016 season like you are. By then we could recruit/develop or get another transfer at PG.

This is NOT better for the team, we can still make a tourney this year and be set up for next year.

I cant see us making it with or without Angel next season

This is not good for the team. If we make the NIT this year it is a pretty successful season. And this is coming from someone who last year going into year said we were a sweet 16 caliber team and everyone laughed.

I think its going to be a rough year on the court, but there will be PT to sell recruits. You don't replace 6 guys like we had to in one year, North Carolina is a good example of struggling mightily with it after their last title.

Advertisement
What I'm looking for is the progress of Jekiri. If we are to compete again in 2014-2015 and be at a similar level of this past year we need Jekiri to develop into Dieng or a player like that. He has the talent but has to develop it. Happy to have GA back who will have a good season, was always a fan of his taht he could handle the ball at the 3 and play defense. Not much else to really get excited about to be honest besides the european and potentially the 2 football players. The following year should be nice though.

I cant see us making it with or without Angel next season

So you think this is better for the long run? I don't see how.

We have Angel, we are a better team. We have a very good PG who can keep the production up at the position. We also have the ability to play Burnett at the 2.

Advertisement
Back