Anez Cooper talks new OL additions, Coach Dawson, and more

View as article

2stackz

Premium
Anez Cooper met with reporters after spring practice to discuss his upcoming Sophomore season with the Hurricanes.

Cooper discussed how he's grown as a team leader and his ambition to rise up and play a greater role going into his second season.

"I learned how to get better, like focus on the call, go to the line, instead of leaving it to the older guy next to me for the plays. I can just go out there and see it myself and get used to it."

Cooper recognizes the importance of communication and leadership in the game and is actively working to develop those qualities in himself. His positive attitude and dedication to the process are likely to make him a valuable asset to the team this season.

Another topic of discussion was Cooper's impressions of the new offensive coordinator, Shannon Dawson. Cooper spoke highly of his new coach.

"I feel like he's a very good coach. He made all the plays that we got easier for the O-line so we could just come out of the huddle, we can just go down on the line instead of having to look to the sideline please. But I feel like he made everything easier for us to understand."

When asked about his impressions of teammate Matt Lee, Cooper spoke highly of Lee's leadership skills and experience.

"I feel like Matt Lee's gonna be a great leader. He's very vocal, he knows how to communicate. He'll come to the line, he'll call everything for everybody to do."

Cooper also speaks positively about the new additions to the team, including two five-star freshmen and several transfers.

"I'm very excited. We needed more of this. I feel like we're gonna be doing good with them that came in."

Advertisement
He made all the plays that we got easier for the O-line so we could just come out of the huddle, we can just go down on the line instead of having to look to the sideline please.

Did he check with Mario before saying this?

Advertisement
Back