2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If we miss on Jean, Innis, Brown, Hykeem all locally…that’s not great. Now if we replace that with ****ey, I don’t care because ****ey is > all. But, need to see it to believe it.
were gonna miss on all 3. its fine tbh. focusing on local kids is dumb and overrated. there are a ton of ELITE WRs nationally. Mario can recruit the country too so I have no issue missing on local kids as long as were landing elite kids overall. idc where they're from only if they can play

Wow on this. @Ghandi strikes again. Called this and Jalen Brown
I thought he said it was Hykeem and Brown that weren't coming? Don't remember him saying Jean wasn't coming.

Still crazy that Jean would rather go to UF than Miami and Hykeem would prefer FSU over Miami.

Like I said before, if they went to Bama, OSU, LSU, etc, then I get it. Or even USC.

But FSU, UF, UGA..all not WR friendly offenses and rosters.

Anyways, Mario will never be held hostage by a local WR. Or any local recruit. As you can see, he already has ****ey on campus. ****ey + Fowles is good enough to replace Hykeem + Jean.

Advertisement
I'm sure he is a stud WR . . . lets be clear, he was committed and then not committed. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one ya got.
I’m not even sure what this means but it sounds like settling, and Mario doesn’t settle.

Advertisement
It is clear he is a priority for Uif... specially how they need a win in SFL. It is also clear they are desperately throwing crazy bags to gain momentum.

That being said..it is a long way to singing day. I think Jean recruitments will go the way Mario chooses to go.

I’m not even sure what this means but it sounds like settling, and Mario doesn’t settle.
I think hes just saying its rare for a kid to commit and then de commit (all under Mario too) then come back. he clearly doesn't want to be here for whatever reason

Diva WRs. Starts in high school, I guess.
eh we show kids love too and make them feel important as well. its recruiting its part of it. I just dont see him coming bc its been sounding like that hes been looking for every excuse to not go to miami. same w Williams. sometimes a kid doesn't want to be here. id move on and not waste resources on him. this isnt a kindler situation where he was really high on Miami nd surprise committed. the jean smoke w UF has been there for a while now

Advertisement
****, surprised a Miami Northwestern kid is all about UF. Is it really just because of the coach that trained Amari Cooper or whatever?

Anyway, no cap, UF's recruiting is picking up. Good thing they play in the SEC.

****, surprised a Miami Northwestern kid is all about UF. Is it really just because of the coach that trained Cooper or whatever?

Anyway, no cap, UF's recruiting is picking up. Good thing they play in the SEC.
UF will always recruit well. they will not out recruit Mario though but they recruit themselves. even Mullen pulled in top 15 classes. it isnt hard to recruit up there. kids grow up dreaming about playing in the swamp around the state no matter the coach.

Ray Ray and Robby are two elite prospects who could have gone anywhere in the country. We've missed some targets at WR but we will be just fine. Relax.
Those two are great, but if you told anyone on this board a few months ago that we would whiff on Innis, Brown, and potentially Jean and Hykeem, I guarantee you no one would be happy.

Now luckily, we seem to have traction with ****ey. Kind of need him now, considering Hykeem and Jean don’t seem very interested. Fowles probably gets the green light after this as well, which is cool because I love him as a prospect.

Gattis is an elite recruiter, or at least he was before coming here. SFL divas are a whole different breed, so I’m sure him and Mario will adapt and find suitable (or in the case of ****ey) better targets.

Advertisement
Ray Ray and Robby are two elite prospects who could have gone anywhere in the country. We've missed some targets at WR but we will be just fine. Relax.
I get it. And I acknowledge that we are only in August and we are in it for other targets. It’s okay to have high standards. There are 3 5* SFL receivers and we aren’t going to get one as of today. That’s disappointing. I think mario will respond and I think we end up with good talent, but we consistently miss out on 5* SFL receivers. I’m hopeful Mario will end that

If we miss on Jean, Innis, Brown, Hykeem all locally…that’s not great.
Local WR have always spurned us first. Diva mindset.

Give me the dogs. LB that run like the wind. DL that can dip their shoulders to the dirt. DB’s that are athletic enough to cover both slots or TE. Miami made.

In time, they will come. For now, recruit nationally.

Those two are great, but if you told anyone on this board a few months ago that we would whiff on Innis, Brown, and potentially Jean and Hykeem, I guarantee you no one would be happy.

Now luckily, we seem to have traction with ****ey. Kind of need him now, considering Hykeem and Jean don’t seem very interested. Fowles probably gets the green light after this as well, which is cool because I love him as a prospect.

Gattis is an elite recruiter, or at least he was before coming here. SFL divas are a whole different breed, so I’m sure him and Mario will adapt and find suitable (or in the case of ****ey) better targets.

gandhi has been saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back